Courteney Cox

Divorce Papers

Don't Surprise Me

6/13/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

061312_courtney_cox_launch
Courteney Cox didn't sit at home and mope after news of her divorce broke yesterday -- instead she went out to dinner with friends in Malibu ... and blew off the split like it was no big deal.

Cox hit up Nobu with her daughter Coco and another mother/daughter combo ... possibly to celebrate their birthdays (Court is June 15 and Coco is June 13).

When we asked about David's decision to file the divorce papers Friday ... even though he filled out the docs back in March ... Cox smiled and sarcastically replied, "He diiiiid? Oh my god, I didn't know."

It's not like she didn't see this coming from a mile away ... Courteney has been very vocal about the fact she doesn't think a reconciliation will work.

Don Bigger

... Courteney is such a Monica ....

3Storms

She's been trying to not-so-subtly drive the poor bastard out for years. So now she got what she wanted with getting rid of him while simultaneously letting the blame for the divorce fall onto him

Barkingboy

David who?

Dani

I'm guessing this story must have high levels of sarcasm because you can't seriously think anyone didn't see this coming. Especially her. Besides the fact that they are very close, friends even, so obviously this was something they discussed heavily and planned together. Also, why in the hell would you bring this stuff up while she's out with her child??? So inappropriate.

Tammy

The only issue I have is this: Why did HE have to file for divorce when we all know she's the one who wanted it? Why make him the bad guy when she's the one who wanted to break the vows they took?

Christine

I think she is a bitch and it's about time somebody filed. He said they stopped having sex years ago. Seems like Monica and Chandler would have suffered the same fate.

Sherms

Why would it be a big deal?? They have been split up for how long now? They both knew it was coming eventually...

Genial

That's sad because they've continued to be supportive of one another. She and their daughter were at each of David's "DWTS" episodes.

Hank

She always comes across like such a bitch.

YouDontSay

She has a great supportive group of friends and family. I find it incredible that she waited until David could go through his finding himself and see they should go their separate ways. She is a bigger nicer woman than I am!

Big D

Courteney your rebound guy is right here

LI_Mom

I think it's sad that their marriage failed but I think it's pretty wonderful that they put their daughter first & want to go out in a dignified way.

Jen

I love her! He is a big child.