Ray Liotta to Henry Hill

R.I.P. My Gangster Friend

... I Hardly Knew Ye

6/13/2012 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0613_ray_liotta_goodfellas_henry_hill
Ray Liotta says he BARELY knew his "Goodfellas" inspiration Henry Hill -- despite playing him in one of the biggest gangster movies ever -- but now that Hill's gone ... Ray feels like a part of himself is gone too.

Ray tells us, "Although I played Henry Hill in the movie ‘Goodfellas’ I only met him a few short times so I can’t say I knew him but, I do know he lived a complicated life."

Ray adds, "My heart goes out to his family and may he finally rest in peace.”

TMZ broke the story ... Hill died yesterday in an L.A. hospital from an undisclosed illness. He was 69.

parlayer

BOO HOO poor gangster, had to die like the rest of us will. Get over it.

Kelly

'Member when Hannibal Lecter ate Ray Liotta's brain? That was awesome.

country

Never heard of the guy. But may he R.I.P....I guess.

bjay

Liotta was awesome as Henry Hilll. RIP Mr. Hill.

Delaware D

Ray Liotta deserved the Oscar for this performance. Goodfellas is one of the BEST films of all time. Truth.

Bridget

Don't get me wrong, I love Ray Liotta. He is great in movies. But I'm pretty sure if I ever met him, he would make me nervous. I think I watched "Unlawful Entry" when I was way to young, lol.

Joe

Henry Hill=Rat

Kari

I loved the movie, and Ray Liotta was amazing in the role. But I'm not sure if the description "complicated life" totally covers the life of a gangster.

Pudding Tang

for the wiseguy fans

vlanfu

LO`ta dekota? is totally GREEAAT! when he`s just a whinie voice on a AM raddideo for the AC/DC harvey daycare staff& then THAMP tups some nurce springiers all american BORNT in the US of vah.Just don`t take credits for the onlty hit you had blindsided by the copyrights.LEOTA was also great in the 60 mins CBS eye brows role that wordie goy named mike that hated everything.He should have gotten payed for that role also

vlanfu

Gang busters did that howard hughes bust those real moobis in thier tracks.than hide for 50 years just goes to show the real hairywood murder inc kichen cabinet reaganknites in wacktion`ss

vlanfu

gadfathers is a pizza joint in hairywood everyone knows howard hughes ran the world,now hillary billary DO

R. Cortez

Hill was a rat, he turned on his own friends. That's his legacy.

vlanfu

I never could understand how a zitty silly voice could play any role but with himself or as a cartoon.As far as mobsters go he was just a hairwooder`SS,BIG AL vs howard hughes who FN won that one?.LOO~WEE-GEE with his rifle and nose taped to his face was a real CBS mooby but he also got off on hisself

vlanfu

LOO~WEE-GEE at least had great pizza...you just had to dodge his cornfeild killers on the way there and back!.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments