« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Basketball Wives'

3 Girls AXED from Show

6/14/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0613_basketball_wives_article
Dwight Howard
can finally relax -- because his baby mama Royce Reed (left) just got her ass axed from "Basketball Wives" ... along with two other stars on the show.

Sources connected with production tell TMZ, Jennifer Williams (right) and Kesha Nichols (center) also got the chop -- and will be replaced next season. It's unclear who's in line to take their spots.

According to sources, producers will be giving the girls their walking papers any day now to drop what they called "dead weight" from the show.

We're told Royce was cut because she wasn't legally allowed to talk about Dwight due to a 2009 gag order, blocking her from discussing her ex in any way. The other girls on the show had also decided to ostracize her, so Royce couldn't shoot scenes with the rest of the cast.

As for the others -- producers think Jennifer's too big a liability after suing Nia Crooks for slapping her on the show. And Kesha was just too boring.

A rep for VH1 tells TMZ, “We don't comment on casting until everything is final. Thanks for checking in.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Antonette Williams

Cancel the show. They gave a negative depiction of women. The proof is in the ones they chose to keep. The truly messy ones. Congratulations to Royce, Jennifer and Kesha because with friends like those you don't need enemies or backstabbers.

momentofclarity55

Ya'll can't fix crazy! You can try to fix stupid. Kesha Nichols has a lot of class, but was stupid for thinking she could change the image of the show. She should never have joined and should leave immediately. Jennifer Williams was stupid for having a friend like Evelyn who is so completely different from her upbringing and the way they view the world. Royce has been stupid for a long time in her relationships; Suzie is stupid in how she handles trying to stay on the fence because of her insecurities; Shaunie is stupid for thinking short term about this project and not considering the long-term impact on her brand in this fickle industry. With the right mentors, some guidance and self-reflection, each can grow as people and become smarter women who consider their lives, families and professions from a different perspective. They have the potential to have a positive impact on their communities, if they put in the effort. But Tami Roman and Evelyn lozada are both crazy. Women with serious mental issues. Don't let the make-up and clothes fool you. Their issues may stem from prior abuse, neglect, insecurity, abandoment or just someone who took advantage of them during a vulnerable time in their lives. However they got there, they are crazy as a bed bug now. But it won't be fixed by viewers. You can't fix crazy! That requires long-term professional help. So, my advice is stop complaining about them and just turn the channel. I'm going to have to turn off BBW....it was my secret pleasure, but it's gotten out of hand and has become destructive and embarassing. I'm sad but it must be done.

CLASSYLADY

JENNIFER, rOYCE AND kESHA ARE THE ONLY LADIES ON THE SHOW. tHEY WERE THE ONLY REASON I WATCHED THE SHOW NOW I CAN JOIN WENDY WILLIAMS AND NOT WASTE MY TIME WATCHING THE TRASH THAT WILL STILL BE ON THE A SHOW WHICH CLEARLY NEEDS TO BE CANCELED!!!

blythe

SHAUNIE, SAVE YOURSELF, AX THEM ALL,

Colleen Warren

I can think of 2 others that needs to be axed, this is another reason why the show should be Axed.

momma2tight

AX THE WHOLE SHOW PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

Ty

I guess they werent jumping on table or screaming or hitting others enough to pass on basketball wives.

My

That is OK Royce, Kesha & Jen. You shouldn't want to be a part of such a negative show. I am shocked that Tammi and Evelyn are not put off!!! Better yet the entire show should be AXED!! What kind of role model is this for your children? Shaunie O'Neal you should be ashamed of yourself and the negative show you are helping to produce. Can't you find anything positive to invest your money in? Think of your children!!!!!

C Baby

I am glad Jennifer chose the HIGH ROAD She is a classy Lady, I want to wanting it now. Shauni get a grip

Marcia

Still reading and I feel bad for Jennifer all hell has broke lose in her world and all I want to know is whos 's praying for her and beening a real friend. Those ladies say their friend I personally wouldn't want friends like that I need friend that will pray you through.If somebody reads this that knows her tell her that someone is praying for her to just make it through.

Marcia

Shaunie I'm not going to be like everybody else because I watched this shoe faithfully and I like BBW wives without the violance,and I know that your not responsible from your friend behavior,and I did watch the reunion but from one woman of God to another get them in church that the way your show will prosper because only what you do for Christ will last. Don't give up on your dream and ambitions,but don't let on one tare them apart either.

Marcia

GET READY FOR A NEW BEGINNING

Brenda Miller

You can ax me too.
I am done

poohbear53

It's a shame how everyone comes down on black reality shows. MOB WIVES i don't hear anyone complaining, JERSEY SHORE, i don't hear anyone complaining. I get it it's only a good show if only the whites can benefit from cursing, fighting, and being bullies. If u don't like it don't watch it. Oh by the way isn't JERRY SPRINGER still on?

poohbear53