'Basketball Wives' Nia Crooks

It's Jennifer's FAULT

She Got Slapped!

6/16/2012 4:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0616_vh1_nia_crooks_jennifer_williams_getty
If you get smacked in the face on reality TV, it's your own damn fault ... this according to "Basketball Wives" star Nia Crooks in her response to a lawsuit by a fellow cast member.

If you recall, "BB Wives" co-star Jennifer Williams filed a suit against Crooks -- claiming she suffered emotional distress and mental anguish after being hit upside the head on an episode of the VH1 show.

Now Crooks has fired back at the "face-slap" lawsuit -- claiming that Williams brought the slap on herself by the way she behaved.

In court docs filed by Crooks' lawyer, Javier Solano, she claims the slap was "caused in whole or in part by the culpable conduct, carelessness, contributory negligence or assumption of risk of [Williams]." In other words, Williams is just as much to blame for getting herself smacked.

Crooks also says Williams' injuries are bogus and is asking the judge to dismiss the suit entirely.

FYI -- in case you forgot the epic face-slap, you can re-live it here.

BW

CAN YOU SAY SKANK?

Jodi

If that's her defense Nia need to get sued again for sheer stupidity.

I wonder if Nia is screwing her lawyer cuz she can't be PAYING him if that's the best defense she can come up with.

Hi

Assault is assault. Bullies like to blame the victims they've hit.

Meggie24

Lamest excuse for an assault ever. You put your hands on someone, you're at fault.

Aj

Nia you are crazy as hell and pathetic. Who wants to be hit? "I wish you would is a figure of speech." You know that! You deserve to get whatever is coming to you. I hope Jen does not back down on the law suit.

Lovejac23

Suht up Nia or whatever your name is. You deserve to be caged.

Lovejac23

Excuse me..That would be SHUT UP Nia.

DJB031207

Nia is weak ass hell just trying to get a spot on the show quit riding Evelyn's gravy train make something of yourself slapping Jen made YOU look bad not her and hitting you back would have gotten Jen in trouble I would have sued your ghetto ass too she is just jealous because Jen didn't talk to her no more same with Evelyn, Nia you just looked a ghetto hot mess you arent on a talk show that move was very tacky! #teamjennifer

lissa78

Where do you even get an attorney to file the papers with that as a defense????????

lissa78

Where do you even get an attorney to file that as a defense?????? This whole situation is SAD, to say the least.

jacksonfive210

These girls are sick and I don't ever really watch the show but from what I have seen all the vh1 shows are disgusting. It may be wrong show because all vh1 shows are the same but didn't chad ochocinco's hoe throw a wine bottle at a girls head? That girl could of seriously been hurt and even though this lawsuit isn't "hood" or whatever it's for the best because now hopefully these animals think twice before they hit someone.

jeff

I am so glad I live in a white area.. animals

Stormy

Typical narcissistic trash is ALL this woman is. I watched the show a few times and the only one with even a small amount of class was the one who was assaulted. I hear she's also the one they fired... go figure...

Janet

This is why I won't watch the show anymore. I hope the judge ask her if this is a joke. I am sure Shaunie O'Neal and VH1 is telling her to do this so that they won't be liable for her actions. If she believes that then I know she is stupid

Demi