Karen Klein

I DON'T Accept

the Kids' Apologies

6/22/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

062212_bus_lady_tmzlive_launch
Karen Klein tells TMZ ... she DOES NOT accept the apologies issued by the kids who taunted her on a NY school bus ... claiming "I think they can do better."

Two of the devil children penned letters of apology to the 68-year-old bus monitor ... after the video went viral this week. Klein also got a letter from the parents of a boy who participated in the incident.

But Karen and her daughter just called in to "TMZ Live" ... saying they're just not ready to forgive.

Klein also says she has a few suggestions about how the kids should be punished.

Klein says she's blown away by the outpouring of support she's received -- and has already come up with a few ideas on how to spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars people have donated to her.

LindzLu

Good She keeping her ground and all those Parents should be well you know "taking care of those kids". If son were ever to act like this to anyone let alone an Old Lady he would be taking a nice trip to grounded land. Books gone, Art gone & Music gone

Crabby

Good for Karen for NOT accepting their fake forced apologies. As they were ganging up and sadistically tormenting her as a group ( of *****'s and cowards) they knew what they were doing was very very wrong. Too late for apologies boys.Cold hard reality is gonna get ya. Karma. Better watch your backs:):)

Cujeaux

A bus monitor gets paid to keep order on the bus. They shouldn't be sitting there allowing kids to film her or take their abuse. She wasn't doing her job and shouldn't be accepting donations from the suckers who like to throw their money away to feel good about themselves.
The fact that she won't accept their apology says it all. It's no wonder she couldn't handle the job.

Meegs

I have never commented on this site in my life, but Gary's take on this bus incident has shocked me. I wonder how he would feel if he was on a bus and was surrounded by 4 teenagers who started taunting him, calling him fat, threatening his death? Take authority! How the heck is she supposed to do that she might get herself killed! And I would be crying also if people verbally attacked me like that. Shame on him. I thought he had more sense than that.

Labowski

If my son ever does that crap when he's older they can come get me cuz i'll slap him to next week! jesus people all this preaching about lets all get along and social this and that but these kids don't even have basic respect for a ol lady who being a monitor is a minor authority figure.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Good for you Nana!

wow

Those kids were awful but she was out of her element. She could have handled the situation better. I've worked with kids of all ages right to adulthood and dealt with serious issues and know what it's like.
Also, people are verbally abused in their jobs all the time. I've seen staff endure racial slurs and others verbally abused by clients, bosses patients, co-workers etc. The difference here is that it's caught on tape. Most people I know just take it in stride if it's a client or patient. Others will officially complain.
She needs to accept their apology and move on. You have to learn not to take everything personally.
Also, donate some of that money to help others. Most people don't get a windfall after a bad day at work.

wow

Actually, I've had weapons pulled on me and been subjected to physical and verbal abuse. Even had to physically restrain a few. I'm not the only one either. It's all in a day's work.

Tracy

For all of you who are saying stuff about the money donated. Whats the big deal. A woman of 68 shouldnt be stuck on a school bus with rotten kids. So basically people came up with the idea to donate to get this woman on vacation. BUT honestly she should be able to retire and enjoy the rest of her life. I hope the money goes higher. Good for everyone who donated. She deserves it. and her feelings werent just " hurt" they were devastated and some people committ suicide over it. Young people suck now a days

greg taylor

ill be happy to let those little jerks insult me for 525000 dollars

Mike Riley

30 years as a cop and I feel for this poor women. Her job is hard and some people have to work to live. I am disgusted at Gary's comments by saying she should quit if she can't handle it. Bring back corporal punishment...it worked for my generation...and it would work for these spoiled punks. Then fine the parents for their kid's actions. They should have been taught politeness and respect.

Mike Riley

dia11

I hate everyone of those evil kids, I hope they get serious consequences.

Terminal Tower

Those children obviously learned their behavior from bad examples and lack of discipline....her response to them is just more of that.

I really felt bad for her (and still do) but I am disgusted by her (and her daughter's) responses.

Other kids were getting bullied on that bus because she was not doing her job, I guarantee it...and any of you parents out there know what I'm talking about (ineffective authority) and know what can happen when someone in authority ignores their job...some child gets hurt (check out any number of Sandusky/Catholic Church/School Shooting references). Thank God my kid wasn't on that bus.

luvmy7

This lady is amazing because if it were me i would of gotten up and kicked every one of their asses! Parents you did a ****ty job raising your kids just sayin!