« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Fear the Brow' Owner

Anthony Davis Can Have

My Trademark ... For a Price

6/29/2012 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Anthony Davis and that unibrow.
Anthony Davis
will have to pay through his nose if he wants to buy the famous "Fear the Brow" trademark -- at least according to its current owner, who tells TMZ, he doesn't plan to sell out for cheap.

Reid Coffman -- owner of the University of Kentucky apparel store Blue Zone -- trademarked "Fear the Brow" last November for his popular Davis-themed merchandise. Davis attempted to trademark the SAME phrase earlier this month.

0628_fear_the_brow_subDavis -- who was drafted to the New Orleans Hornets last night -- hasn't officially challenged Coffman's trademark, but his recent trademark filing is a clear sign Davis plans to go to war over the slogan.

Unfortunately for Coffman, it's not a cut-and-dry case just because he filed first. Anthony arguably has a viable claim to the trademark because the "Fear the Brow" slogan trades off his persona, particularly his extremely unique face hair.

Nevertheless, Coffman insists he owns the full rights to the trademark because he created the slogan -- and if Davis wants to buy it ... he's willing to play ball.

Coffman wouldn't specify a selling price -- but tells us, "If someone like Nike took this slogan over it could be worth millions." Coffman says he's currently ready to accept offers.

Calls to Davis' reps were not returned -- but moments before he was drafted, Davis was asked about the trademark filing ... and he responded, "My agents and my parents talked it over and they came at me with the idea. And I loved it. Who doesn't love money?"

062812_anthony_davis_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Leigh

Plz shave that mess ASAP!!

LunarJunk

Honestly, this picture startled me! I guess he like being unique. Smh gross

AyeJay

He has one of those Teresa Giudice hairlines.

kitnplayn

You can't wear triangle earings when you have a triangle head. It makes your triangle head look more triangle. It's simple fashion sense.

IceGypsy

Umm looks like he has the rest of his brows waxed, wtf would he leave that mess in the middle. It looks ridiculous.

campy

I'm thinking about trademarking "f'ing fugly'.

ohreally

Looks like Acromealgy . Or maybe he just got a hug brow bone.

parlayer

Fear the Face, fear the greed, fear the mindset. it's all pretty scarry, but what do I expect from brothers oh yea, get thrown under the bus learned that from obozo.

mkoaz

UNI Brow - He looks like a douche bag

sue

whoever he is he looks like a girl !!!

no shit..

he one scarey looking dude...I can already hear the locker room on that face...DAMN he hurt my eyes...

chucklehead

remember the old saying " never trust a man whose eyedrows meet"?

No comment

Neither of them are original, Fear The Beard, was huge for Brian Wilson the SF Giants relief pitcher in 2010. There are t-shirts and fans wear fake beards. So snooze on that Davis.

buck

Hateful jealous whites , God bless you.

tina

He looks liek an alien. ewww. I fear being abducted.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments