Tom Cruise

Riding High After

Divorce News

6/30/2012 12:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0630_tom_cruise_helicopter_reuters_zoom
Tom Cruise was spotted today for the first time since news of his divorce from Katie Holmes broke ... riding aboard a helicopter in Reykjavik, Iceland.

Katie shocked the world yesterday (ok, not really) when she filed for divorce after five years of marriage to the "Rock of Ages" star.

As TMZ first reported, Katie filed in New York City because she is seeking sole legal custody of Suri ... and Katie feels New York is much more likely to grant her that than California would be.

DaveT

Tom's a good dad, Katie's a controlling manipulator.

priceless

It's clear Katie is a great mother. You have to think that Tom put child-raising issues in any pre-nup but unlike Nicole Kidman, did not bail on her kids in order to keep her career.

Tom has the power to wreck Katie in more ways than one and she's still saying, screw it, I want my child.

DaveT

Tom set up a prenup for Katie that guaranteed her millions of dollars, leading up to her getting half of all his fortunes.
Katie set up...nothing for Tom.
World is made up of givers and takers, which description does Tom fit, and which does Katie fit.

christy

I think Tom is probably an ok dad, maybe Katie is a good mom, but I am having a hard time accepting that her ,motives are "pure", that she "cares nothing about the money" and I really don't see why she does not want to share custody even a little bit. I mean the guy is weird, but not evil.

DaveT

Katie is trying to take all of Tom's power away as a father.
Tom isn't trying to do that to Katie.
Wonder which one is looking out for the interest of the child, and which one is looking out for their own selfish interests?

JJ

THIS WAS ALWAYS A JOKE; IT'S JUST GETTING KNOWN NOW.

janet

C'mon, guys...this is all about Scientology, nothing to do with Tom being a bad dad or Katie wanting his money.

She doesn't want Scientology shoved down her daughters throat. Holmes has been around that long enough to know she doesn't like it doesn't agree with it and she want's no part of Scientology for her daughter. Kids 6-12 years old is primetime for Scientology. If this is what Holmes has to do to assure that by all means. She's protecting her daughter.

duilama

According to Tom, he would not be depressed over it (ref. Brook Shields). If he shows any sign of emotion, it is all for show business.

Secretly, Katie was just a beard, part of a make-up for the shows! He can say, see I am not gay, I have three ex-wives and 3 children to prove it! A trick that was used by Michael Jackson!

DaveT

Katie is trying to stop Tom from having any religious influence on his daughter regarding his faith.
Katie is a religious Catholic who wants to influence her daughter with her religion instead of Tom's.
Wonder which of the two is the controlling personality?

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Pierce Aero One

Those Scientologist DO seem a bit Scarey. I'd want my child away from their influence, as well.

DaveT

Google images is full of pics of Tom with Suri where Suri is visibly happy with Dad, full of smiles and laughs.
Images of Katie and Suri show Suri frowning, discontent, subdued and distant.
Wonder why?

KnuckleDragger

I have to ask myself...if Holmes is/was against Scientology, why did she get pregnant in the first place? It's not like Cruise "sprung" this cult on her out of nowhere. I think there's more to this breakup than meets the eye. I think I'll wait around for the other shoe to drop...

LittleBIt

LMFAO! Now HE knows what its like to be blindsided and have somebody say F U honey! Hope your helicopter crashes you limp d*ck little wuss. You are the GIRL Katie! Enjoy the rest of your life as a free woman.

Pando

I wish Davet would just come out and admit he's Tom's real lover...and his PR agent.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments