Katie Holmes

Afraid Tom Would Ship Suri To Radical Scientology Org

7/2/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0701_katie_suri_tom_scientology_gettyThe final straw in Katie Holmes' decision to file for divorce was that she was convinced Tom Cruise was going to send 6-year-old Suri away to a hardcore Scientology organization known as Sea Organization ... sources connected with Katie tell TMZ.

Sea Org, as it is known, is where the highest levels of Scientology are taught -- and according to the Church website, it is composed of adults and minors who have committed their lives to the volunteer service of their religion. Our sources say Tom is a big fan.

Our sources say Katie and Tom had been arguing over Suri's indoctrination into Scientology -- and we're told the Sea Org was the flashpoint.

The Sea Org has been often compared to a boot camp and several ex-Scientologists (including Oscar winner Paul Haggis) have been outspoken against its military-like conditions. The Freewinds, the massive Scientology boat that was the location of Cruise's infamous birthday party in 2004, is entirely staffed by Sea Org members.

0701_freewinds_scientologyAccording to the official Scientology website, members of Sea Org sign "a one-billion-year pledge to symbolize their eternal commitment to the religion and it is still signed by all members today."

Katie herself has first-hand knowledge of the Sea Org. When Holmes and Cruise first hooked up in 2005, Jessica Feshbach, a prominent Scientologist who had been with the Sea Org since 1994, was transferred and became Katie's assistant/Scientology chaperone. Feshbach, in one of Katie's first interviews after getting together with Cruise, was described by a writer for W magazine as "cold-eyed" and "a third-wheel."

In the end ... we're told Katie felt the only way to save Suri from being shipped off to Sea Org was to file for divorce and seek sole legal custody.

Random

Scientology - Life in the Sea Org, told by Astra Woodcraft was seven years old when her parents thrust her into the world of Scientology's "elite" Sea Organization.
From the cramped quarters of the motel room her family of five shared when they first arrived at the Flag Land Base in Clearwater, Florida, Astra was moved into a dormitory where, because Scientology would not provide a bed for her, she slept on a couch for a year.

EggsOverEasy

I cant decide if Scientology is f*cking evil, or if scientologists are evil f*cks..

PinkySwayers

If Tom doesn't walk away from Scientology, his career is over. His reputation will not survive the public scrutiny brought about by all this.

molta

young child, sent away to live in a boat, without their parents for who-knows HOW long...and with strangers?? What kind of parenting isthis!? and who knows what type of "sick" men are present there??

ZoeyTheZany

I may not agree with Scientology's belief system but people have the right to believe what they wish. However, I cannot support sending a child to such harsh conditions. This is why I believe religion should be left to a mature adult mind and not pushed onto children.

Also anyone else get the feeling that something is just not right about the ship? Parents not allowed and they go so out of their way to not be seen. That is a serious risk of child abuse and if they sail onto international waters whatever they do can't even be prosecuted. How could anyone be expected to put their child under such conditions?

Terry

I believe it i've been stalked by the church of Scientology. When I first moved to Hollywood my friend who was a scientologist got me into the Beverly Hills PLayhouse witch is scientology acting class. They deny it but its true. When I quite they started showing up at my apartment. I didn't know it at the time but my landlord was a Scientologist. He would let them in the building. If I wasn't home, they would harass my roommate. They called all the time. They started showing up at my work telling me how much they missed me. FREAKED ME OUT!!! It took my boyfriend threatening them if they didn't leave me alone. It was crazy!!!!!!

Jordan

It does not sound like the courts are going to entertain katie war against religion. It can be said that every religion is a cult every religion has youth seminars for children every religion is all about members and making as much money as possible. Add christianity to the mix of all this that religion supports the molestation of young children. So i do not think that the Judge in NY or LA or wherever there custody and divorce takes place will allow religion to come into play.

VW

This is just all SO disturbing. I've found TC to be off his rocker for quite a while now, he's got crazy eyes. But reading all this scientology stuff...it's insane! David Miscavige was TC's best man and David's wife has been missing for 6 years...as in just gone! Nobody knows where she is.

TC is nuts. I don't care to see any of his movies anyway but after this, I don't think I'll be able to look at a picture of him without getting spooked.

Snake Oil Cult

Katie is very wise to be cautious about Scientology. There are horrendous stories involving children of Scientologists, and what they experienced while there.

Want the details? Then go to the website www.whyweprotest dot net -- and look up the thread titled "The abuses Suri faces in a life of scientology".
There are plenty of videos, book extracts, newspaper articles, court evidence, etc.......to do***ent the abuse.

K3HY

Through all that brain-washing, Katie's mother-child survival instinct came through.
Even Scientology can not overrule nature's law.

Wafa

Tom maybe a weirdo, a piece of work or whatever else you want to call him, but Katie is an *******! She knew exactly what Tom was and yet she married him and had his kid!!

LVX156

wiki on sea org.

wow they are wacked in the head.

Jordan

It does not even matter katie still does not meet residency to file a divorce in NY it will get knocked back to LA.

Snake Oil Cult

Katie has every right to be scared out of her wits. If the cult gets its tenacles around Suri, the cult will order
her to "disconnect" from her mother.

Katie has probably heard the recent news article about a young girl (Paris Valeska), who joined the Sea Org when she was in her teens. Her mother criticized scientology, and the cult immediately (within 2 hours) sent Paris to their ship "Freewinds" and held her against her will for 12 years!

Phil

Finally... Cruise can be with Travolta.