Will Smith and Jada

Mum's the Word

on TomKat Divorce

7/3/2012 6:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

070312_will_smith_splash_launchWill Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have a decision to make ... 'cause now that their good friends Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are in the middle of a nasty divorce, they've gotta pick a side.

Will and Jada were pretty tight with TomKat -- they famously attended the couple's wedding at an Italian castle back in 2006.

The Smiths flew in to LAX yesterday, even though they weren't talking about the split ... but the smart money is on the couple siding with Tom ... because Will has gone out of his way to defend the star in the media, especially when it comes to Scientology.

In fact, back in 2007 Will told "60 Minutes," "When I sit and I talk with Tom Cruise, he is one of the greatest spirits that I’ve ever met – someone who is committed to making the world better."

He added, "You have people [that] are attacking and wanna fight that don’t know nothing — how you gonna not know nothing about Scientology and attack somebody? It’s dangerous and it’s ignorant."

“How can I condemn someone for what they believe and I believe that God was born from a pregnant virgin?”

STFUP

I've head that Scientology is a point of contention in their marriage as well. They'd be smart to get out of it now & never go back.
They're a cult who destroys families.

Deb

Jesus was born, GOD is the father. Goes to show just how much he knows!

misfit

Hahahaha, it's funny how this became news. "Someone has nothing to say". Ooooo, let get a a video of them saying nothing!!!!

scoopie

hope you keep believing that, Will, and don't worry about any "engrams"

Keyser Söze

That's the question, isn't it? Cause, yeah, Scientology sounds completely ludicrous, but Judeo-Christian makes complete sense? Scientology is evil and amoral, but Christianity never, ever, did nothing but good thing in the world, right? Right...

Basically, as long as someone doesn't use his or her religious believe to be a complete douchebag, whatever that person believes is OK in my book.

I believe in a guy that resurrected himself after being dead for three days; you believe some green space warlord/god created humanity... I try to always do the right thing; as long as you do too, you're OK in my book.

Jayla

TMZ-Why does your comment bar say there are 43 comments, yet only 22 are viewable? You have too much crap on your website that makes it a disaster to load, navigate, participate.
I have read this complaint before from others, are you never going to fix it?

jokerchick

yep, we're temporarily distracted from the weirdness they have going on in THEIR family so I 'm sure these two are thrilled

Celeb Gossip Addict

The Smith/Cruise couples friendship is not real. Them and the Beckams have a photo op friendship similar to Katy Perry and Rihanna. Their reps arrange play dates for premieres and such. They don't actually hang out in real life. Therefore no side has to be chosen. They haven't even had a photo play date in years.

Ronnie

Yeah Will stand up for your boy...we all know how rock solid you and Jada are (looking sideways). you like the boys so of course you are not going to say anything against Tom. You have been playing a double role for years and you love the aliens....Try raising your badazz kids...and SHUT UP.

Dina

I think Katie needs to lock in a deal with Bravo, E, or OWN for a reality show: Suggested names: Katie's Cryptic Life or Katie in Heels.

Twist

The reason they are quiet is because they are bat **** crazy too. They both believe in science fiction, and wouldn't dare say anything bad about St. Tommy

Ronnie

Yeah because his ahem marriage is so rock solid. Man come out all ready like Anderson and then try to raise your spoiled badazz kids, then TAKE A SEAT!

Bridget

With the God born from a virgin stuff... I believe Will is speaking of the holy trinity. That God, Jesus and the holy spirit are one in the same. God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit.

piratesrule8

"The Christian doctrine of the Trinity defines God as three divine persons (Greek: ὑποστάσεις):[1] the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. The three persons are distinct yet coexist in unity, and are co-equal, co-eternal and consubstantial (Greek: ὁμοούσιοι). Put another way, the three persons of the Trinity are of one being"

Saves me having to reply to all the Christians who don't even know their own religion....

levyi

So Jesus isn't God any more? Just a man... not a god made man? Seems to me, you people lambasting Will Smith need to go back and read your scriptures better. Also, one of my many pet peeves: virgin birth is not immaculate conception. That is all...
PS: I'm an atheist agnostic.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments