Katie Holmes

Tom Treated Me

Like a Robot

7/6/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0705_katie_tom_tmz
Tom Cruise controlled Katie Holmes like a puppetmaster ... making every major and even minor decision in her personal and professional life ... and in the end, she felt like she couldn't breathe without his permission ... this according to sources close to the actress.

Movie studio-connected sources tell us Tom executed an "Art Kill" way back when Katie was doing "Thank You for Smoking" in 2005 ... when the 2 first started dating.

Sources tell us Tom instructed producers to "kill" any promotional photos which showed Katie and Aaron Eckhart engaged in kissing or "anything else compromising."

We're told Tom also imposed his will during "Batman Begins" ... prohibiting Katie from flying with the rest of the cast. Instead, Katie would only travel on Tom's private jet. One source tells us Morgan Freeman was "disgusted" by the situation. On the other side, however, one source scoffed and said, "Wow, Tom offered her his private jet. How terrible for Katie."

Ultimately, our Katie sources say she grew sick and tired of playing Pinocchio to Tom's Geppetto ... and decided it was time to cut the strings.

Morgan Freeman tells us, claims he was "disgusted" by Tom and Katie's situation are "BS."

0629_tom_katie_footer

JustMyOpinionAu

Team Katie!! there are no doubt many reasons for the marriage breakdown, one thing leads to another; it's obvious he is a control freak beyond reason, he admits as much. Enjoy your freedom Katie!

wolf

Team Tom-Tom is tired of Katie.She is very very boring according to sources close to Tom.
Team Tom.He earned his money he knows what he wants and he is a good actor !Bye Katie

Lisa

Now we are talking. I do believe this is the real reason she is divorcing him, couple with the fact that the guy spends most of the time making time consuming movies making her lonely. ..........I don't buy the scientology crap. I think that's just a lawyer tactic to gain sole custody. I don't believe or a second that she's divorcing him because of scientology.

bb

I watched an interview of this L Ron Hubbard character from the 70's on his ship. Man he was soooooo creepy. The interviewer is asking him a lot of tough questions about scamming people, and you can tell Hubbard wants to get up and wring his neck but instead he sits there with this huge MANIC fixed grin on his face. Yes, really, he just sits there with this same evil dirt eating grin for what seems like an eternity. He also has some crack pipe fangs which just adds to the effect. If demonic possession is real then surely this is an example of it (yet this is the dude who could supposedly cure you of 'thetans' for a huge price!). Hubbard either can't or won't explain what Scientology is but you can tell what it's all about just by looking at him - control, force, force, force and everything under the old thumb (even his own rage). Promising you heaven in return for selling your soul and becomming a robot. Anyone who would give all their money to such an obvious MADMAN claiming he can cure your psychological problems - well, I'm almost tempted to say deserves whatever he dishes out.

saumya

Just months after he admitted her as his Lucky amazing charm. Hear Tom Cruise’s sweet words about his family.

saumya

But here's a Tom source which has things altogether different.

wolf

Team Tom !I admire him .Look what he got.People hate him because of envy.Im glad he finally realazied that katie looks like a k2 mountain beside him.She not pretty eunough!Team Tom

wolf

He offered Katie a life in luxury and all she can do is wine,,She could have had all the fun in the world .Team Tom

kim is a publicity whore

Question, someone commented on another thread how he would get harassed trying to get him to join etc by scientologists when walking near their building in L.A.
I live in L.A and if I were to walk by where they hang out (they try to get people to join) & reply "leave me alone" or "**** off" would they then somehow try to find me and do something to me? Reason I ask is because protestors of this cult wear masks in order to hide their identity.
basically, can i talk back to them and theyll just move on to the next one or will they look for me and maybe even kill me just because I told them to **** off?
Or do they just kill ex members of the cult for leaving?

lmfao

@Majestik

Oh, didn't realize a "sista" would call herself Majestik. Unless you're a stripper then it would make a lot more sense XD

As for the prank I was thinking of lightin the Watchtower newsletter thngy they slide under my door on fire and sliding it back lol Or sliding back a booty magazine I haven't decided.

Sea Urchin

I best she liked all that attention she was getting as Mrs. Tom.

It's Dave

Actually in Scientology if you're not an operating Thetan then you basically are a robot. A bad robot. So yeah, Tom would treat her like a robot because in his religion she is a robot totally under the control of body thetans. Whereas Tom is already firmly on the bridge to god-hood. Such a belief is why Scientology is so attractive to ego-maniacal celebrities. I mean. c'mon, who doesn't want to believe they're on their way to becoming a god.

BB not bb

Three is not only the Scientology mind control thing as the path to love and harmony, but also the age difference thing. Since he is older he probably thinks more like a father than an equal in dealing with her. I am sure he was very controlling and manipulative. It is hard to assert yourself with someone like that.

Maybe she could put up with his art kill and separating her from the cast on films, but if he tried to manipulate her into interrogating Suri or sending her on the Bon Voyage to oblivion, maybe that is where she draws the line.

A marriage should be a partnership, not a dictator and willing trainee type situation. I think Katie is a strong person and was willing to put up with it to a point, but now she sees that the only way to protect Suri is to leave.

Susie-Q

Everyone including TMZ is more or less assuming this and that. I think people should just wait till the facts all come out. I know Nicole Kidman never said a word about Tom in there divorce. Why will Katie? I perosnally believe this religion MUST have something do with the divorce. You can take the girl out of Chistianity but you can't take Chistianity out of the girl! She might have been committed to scientology to a degree but something about it more than likely made her wary. Suri is getting older and is more impressionable. Still and all if Katy had not been so in lah-lah land with him she should have realized all this prior to marriage and having children with him.

CN

Here's a fun fact: Bart Simpson is a Scientologist.

Well, he's not but "his voice", Nancy Cartwright, is.

"Cartwright began reading the works of L. Ron Hubbard and found solace in a chapter about shedding the pain of loss. She said later, "I felt he was talking directly to me, I said to myself, 'I want to stop that feeling.'" Cartwright was awarded Scientology's Patron Laureate Award after she donated $10 million, almost twice her annual salary, to the Church in 2007." (Wikipedia)