« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star Adrian Peterson

Arrested in Houston

Charged with Resisting Arrest

7/7/2012 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0707_adrian_peterson_tmz
NFL star Adrian Peterson was arrested early Thursday morning in Houston, TX and charged with resisting arrest ... TMZ has learned.

Peterson, who is recovering from a torn knee ligament suffered on Christmas Eve of last year, was booked into Houston Police Department Central Jail and posted $1,000 this morning.

On the jail's website, Peterson's charge is listed as "RESIST ARREST/SEARCH-UNCLASSIF."

A rep for the Minnesota Vikings told ESPN Radio in Minneapolis, "We are aware of the situation and are gathering more information. At this point, we will have no further comment."

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

J

Sounds really fishy to me. Cops are so full of ish.....

Joao

RESISTING ARREST that's typically cover your ass speech for an unprofessional police forces after using excessive force. I wasn't there, but just guessing... The cops confronted this big black guy [for whatever reason, DWB, etc] not with the respect they would have given an individual who was white and appeared professional... the cops got aggressive, this big football guy, by nature, STOOD HIS GROUND, it got nasty... bang RESISTING ARREST, only to learn that they pounded on a professional football player, which means attorneys and complications. Am I suggesting that the football guy was innocent--I DON'T KNOW, but I've seen these "RESISTING ARREST" scenarios played out countless times, and it's always the same, unprofessional, disrespectful cops. Never happened to me, but have observed in my professional capacity.

kerrplunk

He just might be one of the only black guys left that's hasn't done a kim k...

D-INCARNATION

Sounds like he disagreed with the cop or asserted his rights.

Ratings Needed

My thought is 'stupid cop' "Peterson initially wanted to get some water, was told by an officer he had to leave and exchanged some words with the cop. Peterson, per PFT's source, walked to the exit with one of the bouncers from the club. At that point, it's "believed" an officer jumped on Peterson's back and tried to tackle him. Other officers then got invovled and Peterson was arrested."

Florida Gator Killer

Seems like some racist Chit to me

wheels

Like father, like son!!

parlayer

Quit being a player, and become like me a "parlayer" then you stay out of trouble.

bjay

So I guess if he didn't resist getting arrested, they'd have taken the cuffs back off and let him go?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2