Usher's Stepson

Declared Brain Dead

by Doctors

7/8/2012 3:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0708_usher_tameka_tmz_getty2
Usher's 11-year-old stepson has been declared brain dead by doctors following the accident Friday when he was struck by a jet ski ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, Kyle Glover (son of Usher's estranged wife Tameka Foster) has not experienced any brain activity since he was admitted to the hospital. We're told there has been no decision yet as to whether or not to take him off life support.

Our sources say Usher arrived at the hospital last night and Tameka has not left the hospital since she got there.

As TMZ first reported, Kyle was struck in the head by a passing jet ski while riding on an inner tube on Lake Lanier in Atlanta, GA.

ummm?!

How can the jet ski driver not possibly see the kids?? I can't help but wonder if alcohol was involved. July holiday+partying+water+jet skis.

LNicholsB

This scared me this week. We just spent a week on a private beach in Cable Beach in the Bahamas. There were so many close encounters of jet skiers not being aware that others were in the water, one really bad close call. A few times I felt safter on a floatation device but this story proves that does not help. In addition to the smell of fuel while snorkeling, not pleasant.

Carla628

I hate to see a chid hurt. I'm so sorry this happened.

palermo

Oh dear, this is very sad. There seem to be quite a lot of jet ski accidents, too many going too fast with people who don't know what they are doing on them.

Vera

Don't give up!!! My sister was declared brain dead a year ago, was in a coma for 4 months and is now living, breathng, talking and laughing....God has the final say!!!

Detective. LaToya

Tameka is a ****ing bitch but I feel bad for her right now. Poor kid just enjoying summertime and then this happens. I knew it wouldn't be good when they said he was struck in the HEAD! A jet ski...no way you will really survive that. Good on Usher for helping her out in her time of need despite her fighting him tooth and nail in court. He's a good dude.

bunny

They better know who did this to him and prepare to charge him with murder.

ash

Heartbreaking. Legally his mom won't have to make the decision to take him off life support now that he has been declared brain dead. Life support is discontinued by the medical team once the family is ready.

ashley

That's heartbreaking! Bless him & prayers to him & his family!

Marco Polo

Tears are not enough. I pray for a miracle that her son survives this. There is nothing as heartbreaking as outliving one's child. I share your pain.

writenow

No parent should have to make decisions like this.

ummm?!

Prayers to the family.

Jeffrey moseley

Little Kyle I don't know you but man I am praying that God will wake you up!! And return you to your family at 100percent!! Tamikea and Usher please know I am praying hard all the way in Houston... Please Lord ,Please.....Amen

Gigi

My thoughts and prayers are with this child and his family. This breaks my heart.

Olivia

My prayers go out to the family. Maybe this will bring Usher and his wife together again. Sometimes it takes something like this to make people realize life is too short to be arguing and fighting over BS.