Charlie Sheen

Count Me in for 'Idol'

BUT ONLY IF ...

7/11/2012 6:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_charlie_sheen_tmz
Charlie Sheen
tells TMZ, he's 100% on board to judge the next season of "American Idol" -- but there are several conditions that must be met before he signs the dotted line.

As TMZ first reported, "Idol" Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe told us he would LOVE to have Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis as judges for season 12. Nigel would not say if he was joking ... but he repeated his wish list several times during the conversation.

CONDITION #1. Charlie says FX -- the network that airs his show "Anger Management" -- must sign off on an "Idol" deal ... but Jennifer Lopez proved, being on A.I. can be good for business.

CONDITION #2. Charlie says the money has to be right:  "If the numbers move the needle AND 'Idol' matches 20% of my weekly salary for Autism Speaks, JDRF, and the Boys and Girls Club ... then the hell with it. As we say, pour the smoke."

That's Charlie-speak for "Why the hell not?"

As for Jerry Lewis, he's in Nashville directing a stage play of "The Nutty Professor" and was not available for comment.

0711_charlie_sheen_through_years_footer

karri

Hey Nigel, if you hire any of these LOSERS I'm done with your show!!!

Heidi

Charlie Sheen was supposed to be raising funds for Autism Speaks...not getting paid a weekly salary from them. Wtf? Thank you Hollywood for once again showing us how low you are. Good grief.

Dayna

You have got to be kidding..................Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis as judges!! Hell, I probably know more about singers than they do.

DaveT

Charlie for Idol 2013 **==

Todd

Charlie Sheen is the best

Todd
www.2makemoneyinstantly.com

tenley

TMZ -- what a bunch of a**holes. 100 percent of your articles on jobs for Charlie Sheen or Lindsay Lohan are totally fabricated by the staff.

Gaylord

Who gives a rat's dupa about seeing Charlie Sheen on ANYTHING anymore? He's completely washed up. Done. Finito. His "new" show is as dumb as they come - I watched the first very predictable show for all of five minutes before I puked and switched to something funny. LOSING! That's Charlie today and from his meltdown on ... LOSING!

Heidi

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GUY!!!!! HIS SENSE OF HUMOR & CHARLIEISMS' CAN'T BE BEAT.... ALWAYS BEEN A FAN OF CHARLIE SHEEN & 'IF' HE WERE TO GO ON 'AI', I'D GO BACK TO WATCHING THE SHOW AGAIN!!!! :)

Heidi

I just read some of the comments here....... Geesh...doesn't anyone realize that this is a 'joke' & it's just Nigel & Charlie's sense of humor....... Jump of the negative train & hop on the positive train for it's not only fun but has a sense of humor too.... Smile... :)

Butterfly

SUGGESTING CHARLIE IS SCRAPING BOTTOM, ISN'T IT??? GOOD, GOD!!!

satinee

Charlie Sheen needs to go somewhere and sit down!

satinee

Charlie Sheen needs to go somewhere and sit down!

D.J.

Still WINNING!!!

janet

This of course is a joke.

Charlie Sheens Anger Management TV show is not doing well.

hippie

I usually read comments, but I will be up front and say, I bought a Sheen Lohan 2012 shirt during his meltdown, and her continued crazy, so it was a gag... but I now wear it for different reasons, as I hope things continue to be better for the both, so I hope they are the turnarounds of 2012 and I would TOTALLY watch AI or a clone show with them, their lack of knowledge about music would be fun... and personalities, heh, I'd watch, and besides the Susan Boyle Season, I dont touch the reality tv sector other than Real World, or the Challenges MTV does and the guilty pleasure of Jersey Shore, I suppose we all have our weaknesses

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments