Steven Tyler

QUITTING

'American Idol'

7/12/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_steven_tyler_AI
Steven Tyler will NOT return to the judge's table on "American Idol" ... and has compared the show to a deranged bunny killer.

Tyler completed two full seasons on the show ... beginning in 2010.

Tyler has issued a statement saying, "After some long ... hard ... thoughts ... I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit.”

The comment is a reference to the movie "Fatal Attraction" ... in which an obsessed woman kills her lover's daughter's pet rabbit.

Tyler continued, "I strayed from my first love, AEROSMITH, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass – the ultimate in auditory takeover."

He adds, "On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars. IDOL was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it ... Now it’s time to bring Rock Back. ERMAHGERD.”

"A.I." co-creator and executive producer Simon Fuller released a statement saying, "I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. AMERICAN IDOL will miss him!”

0712_remembering_steven_tyler_idol_footer

Bill

Looks like American "Idle"

Boogienites

Thanks to AI, Steve is a house hold name again. Now that he has reaped the benefits of AI, he is saying "kiss my butt". Typical.

Denver

Rabbit tastes just like chicken. Or is it gator?

Kman

Steven Tyler needs to hook up with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. 3 Stooges 2012.

arealrascal

This guy couldn't put up with low-grade karaoke any longer and is going back to rock and roll. God bless him! If more people turned off these phony competition and reality shows, America could be great again.

Ugene

Get Rid of the Show... Been too long

stevie512

Sorry dude but your dignity is long gone and also any respect that I had for you. Your bandmates have every right to be ashamed of you,

Michelle

I am done watching AI; I only watched to see Steven Tyler..

John_Dunkel

TMZ always pics the worst shot imaginable of any person.

J. CRUMP

GET RID OF THEM ALL, ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE ANYWAY... EVEN THE ONES WHO GOT RID OF 2 OF THE BEST SINGERS THEY EVER HAD ON THE SHOW LAST YEAR.. BYE BYE BYE

Jen

Buh bye!

cancelledaccount

He added a lot of interesting things to AI. I think the show is on its last legs. I won't watch again.

C Tuton

AI is worth saving for a couple more seasons, but the quality of talent needs to improve. It seems as though the pre-teen girls in the audience are dictating the winners based on something other than singing talent.

jaba

Oh, how boring!

SICKOFRELITYSTUFF

I will no longer watch AL. Last 2 years were not good. The winners were wrong. People are suppose to vote for the BEST not a popularity contest.
As for the judges, glad they are gone. Adam Lambert? NO NO NO