Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

Glyn

Looks like Randy is the only one with no place to go.

DJ

Time for the show to hit the road and die. Stop watching it 3 to 4 seasons ago.

Lorriefla12

Put the Jackson brothers on the show you will see Ratings go sky high

mary oday

its never been the same since Simon left

Christopher

Now A.I. Needs to get rid of Randy Jackson...He is way overdue to be replaced....

pete

They are just holding out for more money.. I mean where can R. Jackson go? he only has like 6 words in his vocab.

thomas

Good bye,She has used American Idol to promote Her sinking sorry singing has been career long enough,What i hated most about her was how Fake she was,all the tears everytime someone got voted off,So long good night turn out the lights,Elvis Has Left The Building!

Robyn

That's weird because when I read an article about Steven Tyler quitting, they said Jennifer already quit. How could she call today....?

c

Glad to see lopez and tyler get out! Good to see both go!

kinser

Now that those two nitwits are gone I may start watching it again.

showme

What a bunch of haters.

Wispnny

The show would still be worth watching if the same contestant had won it five times a row...cute, young white guy, usually playing a guitar. Either the American public has lost it's imagination or teenage girls are the only ones voting. Either way, I'm not watching anymore no matter who they hire as judges. Maybe they should hire me. I can pick the winner on the first night.

roxy

it's about time idols gets off the air!!!! so tiered of the same thing year after year!

Sudoku

The time has come for Idol to end. It's getting old now. Plus other shows are running the talent show trend into the ground. Move on, Idol.

Rachel Melton

I will definately miss Steven Tyler. I have learned to love his many antics and comments on the show. I will also miss Jennifer's sincerity with the contestants. If I may make a suggestion of a possible replacement.....how about Patti Labelle? I feel she will be honest yet just as entertaining as Steven and Jennifer.