Michael Clarke Duncan

HOSPITALIZED

Cardiac Arrest

7/13/2012 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0713_clark_duncan_omarosa_01
Michael Clarke Duncan is in the intensive care unit at an L.A. hospital after going into cardiac arrest this morning ... and might have died if not for the swift action of his girlfriend Omarosa Manigault.

TMZ has learned ... Omarosa discovered the "Green Mile" actor in a state of cardiac arrest just before 2:00 AM.

We're told Omarosa performed CPR and was able to resuscitate the 54-year-old.

MCD was transported to a nearby hospital where he was immediately admitted to the ICU.

Sources tell us ... Duncan's heart rate is now stable and Omarosa is by his side. Doctors are performing tests to figure out why the actor's heart stopped in the first place.

update_bar
MCD's publicist tells us, "According to doctors, Michael Clarke Duncan suffered a myocardial infarction early this morning. He is now stable and we look forward to his full recovery."

0713_michael_clarke_duncan_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

jersey

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

Rose M Jones

This is for Micheal Please take care of of your self we need you around we love you very much . I enjoy watching you on tv

RobertBonan

Michael, I am so GLAD that you are still here with us thanks to Amarosa. Google search ( Heart Health wakeupgethealthy ) This for sure will help you like it helped me. My prayers are with you.

margaret

dearest michael,.take care of yourself and get well asap. i'd love too see you and tom hanks act together again.i'm a big fan of yours.god bless you to a speedy recovery.

Latersa Jefferson

I wish you all the luck in the world, and I hope to see you two together for a very long time, God has her there for you and only you Clarke. And by the way you have to be here for you have yet another role and its bigger than the Green Mile, I'm almost done with it so you see it's not your time you and I have something more to give to the world. P.S. May God keep his ever loving arms around you and Omarosa.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

LOVE MCD.

Get well soon, big guy!

OksanaSean

All the best to MCD. You are hands down one of our favorite actors ever. My wife and I quote "Leo-isms" to each other all the time. We have been taking part in the "Save The Finder" write ins. Rest up and please get better soon. Thank you Omarosa for saving the big guy. I have heard you fight for things on tv. But, your ability to fight for what you care most about is truly inspiring. You are a hero in my book.
Best wishes to you both.

Patty Grant

Hey Michael,

Praying for a quick recovery. Remember me? I was your personal driver in the Green Mile in Nashville, Tennessee! Great memories!!!

DOUBLE TT

REST IN PEACE Big Man! Best wishes from Hungary.

ivan