Sylvester Stallone

I'm Grief-Stricken

7/16/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_sylvester_stallone_sage_stallone

Sylvester Stallone tells TMZ he is devastated by the death of his son Sage Stallone and wants "the speculation and questionable reporting" to stop.

Stallone -- who gave us this picture of him with Sage taken in 1991 by famed photog Bruce Weber -- says, "When a parent loses a child there is no greater pain. Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha."

Sly goes on to say, "This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives," adding, "Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

MrHarrybawls2010

Odd picture.

joe blow

you know what is really really sad : that a person has to even make a statement such as this one !!! seriously the media & all the reporting they do whenever something horrible happens needs to be ashamed of themselves, tmz is a low grade piece of crap man they really are terrible...

r.i.p. sage r.i.p.

R. Cortez

This is a horrible time for everyone who was close to Sage, my condolences to his friends and family. Maybe rather than wondering about "what happened" to someone we did not know, we should take the time to check on the people in our lives we do know.

H Calahan

Tmz should respect his wishes. It would be extremely classy of Tmz to do so

fixxin2

For the love of God, leave this poor man and his family to grieve in private.

BB not bb

Much as people like Stallone and admire is work and identify with the characters he portrays, when a young man dies under mysterious cirucmstances, there is going to be speculation. When you come to a gossip news site no less, there are going to be all kinds of comments. If you only want to read condolences, you should stick to the funeral register.

I think if more people were actually listened to, whether their comments were appreciated or not, there would be less lonliness and misunderstandings in this world that could lead someone to tragically overdose.

The people commenting don't know this family personally, but they do react to what is given to them in the press. If it weren't for this attenion, these people wouldn't have careers at all, and would be working like the rest of the people pushing a lawn mower or somehting and having no one else really care about what happens in their personal lives.

If you want to be a private person, don't be a public figure, don't be a celebrity, don't have your family pictures for everyone to see in the press. If you want to be private, you have the choice of keeping your opinions to yourself as well, instead of suppression the free speach of others.

When someone expects others to have no comments or specualtions on the cause of an untimely death, that makes it seem like something is being covered up in fact. Maybe Stallone needs to come back down to earth like Rocky in his movies and not feel so special that he can just stop any criticism or speculations regarding his mishaps.

JarJarBinks

I remember Sage from Rocky 5, and like his father, a very good actor.

RIP, Sage...

Cujeaux

I'm not sure what Sly is talking about because there has been an overwhelming amount of support and condolences from TMZ posters. TMZ reported how Sage died. So what. Any news outlet would do the same. They also reported what Sly's lawyer stated to protect Sly's image and the family's reputation - including Sage's. Was that meant to be private too?

The police jumped the gun by saying it was accidental. It was no accident - just like MJ's death was no accident. They were both playing Russian roulette.
You would think Sly would have provided a more recent picture of him and Sage to show how close they were in recent years. It's not his fault his adult son chose to become an addict, but he is guilty of enabling him, as evidenced by his need to control what people think and say about the both of them.

sara

I LOVE THE PIC ....but what i dont understand is why not put a pic of them two when he was older ...but never the less may he rip... at the end of the day a father and mother lost a son and that just so sad...sorry for ur loss

Cathy

Harvey, do you even have a clue that he's talking about you? Are you going to understand now that you are a huge part of the problem? You're making money off of sensationalizing his son's death. You even got an exclusive out of him, but don't understand the irony of it.

Leave him alone, Harvey. At least until the toxicology report comes out. I'm sure Kim Kardashian can do something dumb in the next 24 hours to give you something to focus on.

the_truth_hurts

awww sly wants our pitty...screw him, where was he when his son needed help and was dead on the floor...he will be out partying in a few weeks....what a s***bag

bb

Sylvester strikes me as a private person deep down. Really best to let him be right now, tmz.

boricua4669

Is a sad situation, but i keep asking myself, how they didn't know he was having problems ? When was the last time he saw his son ?

Terrible situation ... R.I.P !

sean

I was torn apart recently by the unexpected loss of my little sister. I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. Sly, if you're reading these comments, my heartfelt condolences. All I can say is, he was one heck of a lucky kid to have a dad like you.

Fibb

I have a lot of love for you sylvester, & I watched your son grow up through pics & a couple of movies. Sage had talent & I think he would have gone far in Hollywood. God Bless his Soul, Hang in there Sylvester, better Days ahead for you & your loved one's. Time will heal your pain, trust in God..RIP Sage..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments