Sylvester Stallone

I'm Grief-Stricken

7/16/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_sylvester_stallone_sage_stallone

Sylvester Stallone tells TMZ he is devastated by the death of his son Sage Stallone and wants "the speculation and questionable reporting" to stop.

Stallone -- who gave us this picture of him with Sage taken in 1991 by famed photog Bruce Weber -- says, "When a parent loses a child there is no greater pain. Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha."

Sly goes on to say, "This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives," adding, "Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace."

marco

Very saddened to hear of Sage's passing.
This is a great photo showing a close bond, love it.

m

RIP

Leslie

Sash, a person not a carricuture not a story to exploit. As the public, we need not hear anything more than a young man died and our hearts unite to heal him and his loved ones. Prayers and blessings.

Marcus

A really touching picture of a proud father with his son. Pain of loosing a kid can only be really felt by a father....

RIP Sage...

Poule

PEOPLE we don't know the guy nore the father
so let's not be sad, really.
This teaches a lesson to the father before he dies,
he does not know it yet, but his soul will be thankful
and the rest of the family perhaps too...

baybek8s

Were Sly and his son close? I STILL don't understand why it took 3 days to realize something was wrong.

phillygal

A parent should never have to bury a child.

jetfanglo

Sly is 'grief-sticken'......NO S*** !................god speed,Sly & Sasha...........may your beloved son rest in peace..........

Missy

Odd picture fom 1991. Why not a recent photo? Oh that's right, because no recent photos exist of father and son! They are all before 2000 Sly could pick up a few parental hints from his buddy Arnold who's actually being a father, lunching, playing and hanging out with his kids

luvmy7

Shame on you Missy for your comment! He

Carl

I agree with him. I think it is a legitimate news story, and it is fair to report on the cir***stances surrounding his death. However, we've reached that point, and we get that he had some troubles, so no need to keep digging deeper than that.

Throwback kid

This looks like damage control, why are all the pictures of these two from 20 years ago? Could it be because they spent no time together in recent years? I always see Sly with his new family but never with his two sons from his first wife

Gatanegra

Got that TMZ???

stephanie

My heart goes out the the Stallone family. I do know what they are going through. I have lost 2 children 12 years ago myself. It is the worst thing in the world to go through. You can never forget your loss, but in time it will heal.

Rene

As a mom, I can't begin to imagine the devastation of losing a child. So very sorry. Such a lovely picture, much feeling in that photograph.... :(