Usher's Stepson

Family Can't Afford to Keep

Him Alive Much Longer

7/15/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_tameka_foster_usher_raymond_article_2Usher's ex-wife -- Tameka Raymond -- will be forced to take her 11-year-old son off life-support as early as next month, TMZ has learned, all because his insurance coverage is about to expire.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Tameka has not lost hope that her son, Kyle Glover, can make a drastic recovery ... despite doctors declaring him brain dead last week following a jet ski accident. We're told she is telling friends ... she still believes in miracles.

According to our sources, Tameka can only keep Kyle on life-support as long as her insurance company agrees to pay ... otherwise she doesn't have the funds to cover the enormous hospital bills.

We're told the insurance company hasn't set a specific deadline, but they've made it clear ... they're only willing to shell out coverage for a couple months ... tops.

Our sources say that Usher -- who helped raise Kyle for several years -- has been incredibly supportive in this difficult time... but has NOT offered to pay for any medical bills. We're told Tameka does not see him as a viable financial option.

As TMZ first reported, Kyle was struck in the head by a jet ski while inner tubing on Lake Lanier -- doctors declared him brain dead days later.

london

The miracle you all should wish for is that the mother comes to understand that her son died. I wish the doctors, her pastor, her counselor or some one would do a better job at explaining BRAIN DEATH to the mother. People don't die from heart failure. When the heart fails, it stops pumping blood to the brain and the brain dies. Brain dead is the same as dead. The poor sweet Kyle is not in a comma. When in a comma, your brain is still a living organism. This is real life people. Unlike zombie movies, the body can't walk around on a dead brain. While we can get a heart transplant, kidney transplant or even a liver transplant, we can’t get a new brain. Transplant patients need new organs because their own doesn’t work properly. In Kyle’s situation, his brain isn’t malfunctioning, it has died. That poor baby died on 7/6/12. The brain stopped and died from blunt trauma to the head. It is almost sad to keep that baby's other bodily functions going by a machine. If you believe in GOD, Kyle has passed over to the other side with HIM. That passing took place on 7/6/12. When the machine is finally removed, the time of death will be recorded as 7/7/12 - when doctors declared him brain dead after all tests failed. If Kyle was a sweet as people says his was, he should be having fun in Heaven. However, you may me too worried that his mother can't move on and accept his death.

london

Wowda Melms

Mammy axin' another groid for some $$$ for her chillun? Not happening! Nogs don't give other nogs money, gibsmedat's a one-way street! Hey, I know, let's see how Obongocare works out!

Carolyn Williams

THIS IS BAD!!!NOW AN INNOCENT CHILD WILL BE TAKEN OFF OF LIFE SUPPORT!!! PRESIDENT OBAMA WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! CHILDREN SHOULD NEVER SUFFER LIKE THIS!!! PLEASE DO SOMETHING QUICK PRESIDENT OBAMA BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!! INTERVENE NOW!!!

CJ

What about his BIOLOGICAL father - can't she get him involved?! Unless there are skeletons in that closet as to why she won't reveal who his father is?!

Stephanie

this is very sad but the child has nothing to do with their previous relationship situations. If I was Usher I would pay and help out! That is a child and that's that and honest to god if I had it Tameka could get it

Stephanie

Enough is enough

There are sure a bunch of bone-headed posting that just don't get!
Brain dead IS dead-there is no coming back.
You are wasting money , time and showing your ignorance!
No amount of insurance money will reverse this-
period. Get it?

Emi

This story is no not true...obviously it's not for insurance purposes.

needaname

There was also a 50 year old Astronaunt who was killed a few days before this accident by his Son (not Ushers !) - who was operating a Jet Ski.

Kristina

I believe that Kyle will make it. When I was 16 I was in a Bad Accident my sister flipped my moms Blazer 41/2 times. I was on life support. They slowly cut back the life support and made me breath on my own. I had a Traumatic frontal lob Brain injury with short term memory loss. I believe in miracles. I pray for Kyle each day. Just keep faith.

Lynn Williams

NO insurance company can pay indefinitely for LIFE SUPPORT for someone who is BRAIN DEAD! Altho this is a heart-wretching situation, LOTS OF PEOPLE have had to accept death and move on. STOP YOUR WHINING AND BEGGING! (Sorry to be so direct, but this is NOT an insurance problem, this is the problem of someone trying to apply pressure to get something for nothing -- and not accept reality!)

julie

there is money in that family if needed. my son fell off a cliff in 2006..major TBI...out of our watch..put us in bankruptcy, etc, as i was going through lung cancer as well....we never gave up...our son is alive, and continues with problems, ,and we are broke. this family will never be broke. I pray the boy will be okay, but I condemn the parents, both of them, for even saying a stupid comment as we can't afford to keep him alive. if it is non reversible ...you have to let go...but the money part eats my heart out....they have more than enough..

julie

ooohhh...this makes me mad..there is NO WAY..they cannot afford this...if this poor baby is brain dead, let him go....my point is my baby, at 10 yrs of age, fell off cliff...out of my care,,no matter...at the time i was going through lung cancer...threw us into bankruptcy, a horrible financial situation, etc., but I NEVER questioned costs for his care and rehab!!!! shame on this report of how they can't afford this!

Jacy

Wait a minute....She won't let Usher pay for this. He is so rich! I'm sure that he wouldve because he loves his family even though Kyle Glover isn't even his child I don't get this can someone explain please?!?!?!

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments