Lindsay Lohan

Drags Down 2 Judges

7/16/2012 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0716_judges_lilo
Lindsay Lohan didn't just get herself in trouble during her never-ending courtroom hijinks ... two veteran judges have been disciplined for improper conduct while presiding over her criminal cases.

Judges Marsha Revel and Elden Fox had their wrists slapped by the California Commission on Judicial Performance. Revel crossed the line back in 2010 in the middle of one of her probation violation cases -- she met alone in chambers with former OJ Simpson lawyer Robert Shapiro, who was trying to represent Lohan. The judge should never have allowed Shapiro in her chambers without the prosecutor present.

As for Fox, you may recall during another probation violation hearing in 2010, Fox denied Lohan bail altogether -- something generally reserved for murderers and rapists. The judge's order was overturned the same day.

The discipline is minor -- but it's all part of the mess created by Lindsay Lohan.

mebrat24

How is this Lindsay's fault?
Slow day again at KMZ

janet

As I posted the other day...Lohan will end up killing someone and sadly it's probally going to be Vehicular Manslaughter that gets her off the road and in jail or prison. It that what it's going to take?

Just look at the Porsche for god sakes, she's lucky she didn't kill her assistant. The bulk of the damage was on the passager side.

Judge Sauntner made it way too easy for Lohan. Gave her an insane amount of time to comply and Lohan took to the very end to comply. How many times did Lohan violate probation in that period? Nothing.

Wonder if Sautner is having second thoughts about cutting Lohan those breaks seeing what Lohans been doing since court.

UPYOURS

I FOUGHT THE LAW
The Bobby Fuller Four
(Sonny Curtis)

(A') Breakin' rocks in the ... hot sun
I needed money, 'cause I ... had none

I left my baby and I feel so bad
I guess my race is run
Well, she's the best girl ... I've ever had

(Instrumental Break)

Robbin' people with a . . . SIX gun
I Fought the Law and the ... law won

I miss my baby and the ... good fun

I left my baby and I feel so bad
I guess my race is run
But, she's the best girl ... I've ever had

cregis

How is Lohan responsible for the judges' bad behavior?

Lindsay Lohan Fan Forever

Oversight panel disciplines judges in Lindsay Lohan case

Deputy Dist. Atty. Danette Meyers, the prosecutor handling Lohan's case, complained to the judge about being left out of the meeting, and about other contacts made by Revel relating to the case, including with a drug treatment center, according to reports. In August, Revel recused herself from the case before prosecutors could file papers seeking her removal. In the summary published in its annual report, the commission said it had issued an advisory letter to a judge who had "engaged in multiple ex parte communications with attorneys and others while presiding over a criminal case, which ultimately necessitated the judge's recusal from the case."

The case was transferred to Fox after Revel's recusal. In September, Lohan appeared before Fox on suspicion of violating her probation after failing a drug test.

In a move that surprised legal experts at the time, Fox denied the actress bail and ordered her jailed until the next court hearing — highly unusual for a misdemeanor probation violation . Shawn Chapman Holley, Lohan's attorney, appealed Fox's ruling.

Parachini wrote in his complaint that he received a barrage of questions from the media about Fox's decision to deny bail. In discussions among the court's leadership, Parachini wrote, it became "clear that Judge Fox's ruling had damaged the court's credibility." Judge Patricia Schnegg, supervising judge of the criminal courts, told Parachini she had "received numerous calls from other judicial officers concerned that Judge Fox had seriously overstepped his authority," according to Parachini's complaint.

Schnegg ultimately overruled Fox the same day, setting Lohan's bail at $300,000.

UPYOURS

EXECUTE REMY

Del

It's not Lindsay's fault when two people commissioned to uphold the law go rogue. She is not the one who went to Law school, they are. But we all know judges over celeb cases do stuff just so they can get press. Well, it gets you views.

karlew

Bullsh*t!!!! Lindsay Lohan didn't make these people do anything. Do you mean to tell me that a jacked up cocaine fueled hootchie child can make these educated and powerful people do anything? No they made their own mistakes. They did not handle their positions well, that's not Lohan's fault.

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

Nicole, your forgetting one teeny tiny little thing. Whatever NEW CHARGE will ADD to that "It won't be long" sentence.

AGENT STUPID

I posted a link to this story last night. TMZ is always slow.

AGENT STUPID

Mess with the white tornado, go down like the rest.

marknyc

the shapiro guy was losing with OJ , then another (good) lawyer took over the case and won. the shapiro guy didn't win anything in the OJ's case. And I do remember how odd looked the drama with LiLo : the shpiro guy wasn't her lawyer but had the opportunity to get some publicity (some say to promote a rehab business) and the Judge let him. Another good lawer (Shawn Holley) did express some kind of "surprise" about that , but her class surpasses the need of publicity of the guy. And Shawn Holley (again) won everything. Excellent job, and class. A lesson and a bright example for the other regular so-called lawers.

Grandma Cracker

HELL(p), rather than crow over this, you should take a look-see at the Deen video that Nikki posted. It is something else and I think worthy of your attention. I was shocked that scenarios like this can be filmed. Violent and sadistic.

ilovegossip

HELP THIS YOUNG WOMAN

Judge Revel skewere LIndsay publically in court for not taking responsibility for her actions. Will Judge Revel publically take responsibility for her transgressions?
-------------------------------------------------

She already did when she recused herself! Sheesh!!!

UPYOURS

Since NICK-HOLE finds it OK that LL had 0.5 grams of cocaine on her, I wonder if NICK-HOLE would find it ok for her to give her "little baby niece" that same amount. If not, why is it ok for LL (anyone for that matter) to HAVE cocaine, no matter how large or small the amount? Deflect deflect, minimize minimize, point the finger elsewhere. I know the drill. Really, this is just a rhetorical question.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments