Kerry Kennedy Crash

I Wasn't on Drugs

... I Had a Seizure

7/18/2012 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

071812_keri_kennedy_splash_launchKerry Kennedy has plead not guilty to driving under the influence of drugs during her July 13 car crash ... claiming she had a seizure as a result of an old head injury.

Kennedy appeared in North Castle Town Court in New York last night to answer for the incident in which she crashed into a tractor-trailer around 8 AM. Cops said she failed multiple sobriety tests and exhibited slurred speech.

But Kerry says she may have accidentally told the cops she had taken an Ambien sleeping pill that day ... but says she was mistaken, claiming tests showed "no alcohol, recreational drugs or prescription medication in my system."

Kerry also claims she underwent neurological tests following the crash ... and an MRI revealed "an area of hyper density" in her brain which she claims is the result of an old head injury.

"This accident was caused not by a sleeping aid but by a complex partial seizure," Kerry said.

Kennedy -- daughter of Robert F. Kennedy -- is due back in court in August.

karlew

True or not if she produces an xray and a doctor in court she'll be acquitted, especially with a clean tox screen

John

Why is this news???? Another Kennedy, another lie and another drunk......

DaveT

Hard to say who the worst drivers are these days, it's a toss up between:
1) drunk drivers
2) texting drivers
3) vicodin/oxy/methodone/various legal drugs drivers
4) cell phone drivers
5) feminists in Volvos with Obama bumper stickers

luckycat

I bet RK jr had a seizure and accidently kicked the chair from under his wife.He went for a nap at home and then remembered i had a seizure did i do something.
realize this is just another fairy tale in the PROFILES in CAMELOT series-not a satement of fact.
CAMELOT JUST SPINS ON.
Did you hear the one about the bridge?
Did you hear about the broken back and ensuing swim and rescue-valor?
The beautiful suicidal movie star
an endless number of tales

Susan62509

Seizure?? Sounds like she's using the same line as John Bryson, Dept. of Commerce Secretary.

moe l.

hahahahahaha! that's a good one!

LISAM

COME ON, I DON'T BELIVEVE THIS FOR ONE MINUTE. WHAT AN EXCUSE. IS SHE GOING TO START TAKING MEDS NOW OR ARE THEY GOING TO PULL HER LICENSE? CANT DRIVE WITH THAT
KIND OF DISORDER.

Omnipotent1

Women with a chest like that should be immune to anything!!

Omnipotent1

I got an idea. Just give me all the Vicodin and Oxycodone and I PROMISE not to try to drive.

deleta

Riiiiiight! Puttin' on the old Kennedy spin.

MIDKNIGHT

I guess this is the new excuse for DWI of the rich and famous. Siezure.....yeah, right. Make it a doubled?

Julie

I wish we could all have enough money to turn our DWIs into, ahem, "seizures".

msfanni

JUNKIE

Hamptonsdude

Bullsnot! These Kennedy's are a bunch of drunks. Of course it was pills or booze.
At least this one didn't drown anyone. Or rape anyone.
John Jr. probably would have gone through rehab a few times if he was still here.

Michie

Boy, "seizure" seems to be the flavor of the month! Personally, as a mother of a child who has Type I Diabetes, I am appalled and offended that these figures use such a serious occurrence as though it is a part of their daily routine. Makes me want to vomit.......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments