Ed Helms

I Won't Eat at Chick-fil-A

... 'Cause It's Anti-Gay

7/18/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

0717_ed_helms_anti_chik_fil_a_article
"Office" star Ed Helms is officially boycotting Chick-fil-A ... claiming the restaurant chain's anti-gay stance has caused him to lose his appetite.

Helms is responding to a statement issued by Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy ... who recently told a Christian publication that when it comes to accusations his company is actively opposed to gay marriage, Chick-fil-A is "guilty as charged."

Cathy claims his chicken people support the "biblical definition of the family unit." In fact, Chick-fil-A reportedly donated nearly $2 million towards religious groups that oppose gay marriage in 2010 alone.

The comments clearly didn't sit well with Helms ... who tweeted, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."

Helms ain't alone ... the gay rights campaign NOH8 -- supported by stars like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan and the Kardashians -- has also called for a Chick-fil-A boycott.

jay71504

WHY ARE LIBERALS AFRAID OF OTHERS OPINIONS....THEY HAVE A RIGHT...AT LEAST FOR NOW....I AM SURE OBAMA WILL TAKE CARE OF THAT IN HIS NEXT TERM,,,,

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

I'm not into boycotting things, I think I'll get some take out from Chik-Fil-A tonight and watch some classic Office re-runs, maybe the one where Michael lays that un-Godly awkward smooch on Oscar will be on.

superbadnerves1

he is stupid for this everybody knows the ***s support each other in droves they love attention which brings out the stars what a dummy

Ali

Everyone has a right to their own opinion......and mine is if he won't eat it more for me :)

Matt

Makes me want to eat more Chick-fil-a. These Hollywood stars need to shut their foolish mouths. I'd probably eat at more places that were anti-gay, too bad that most places won't own up to it. Down with gays!

Joao

You're entitled, as they are entitled to their beliefs. I don't think they'll go under because YOU'RE boycotting. Whatever happened to "TOLERANCE"

Mike44090

That's like saying I won't follow TMZ on twitter because it allows people to post anti-gay comments on it's web pages. It's just a silly argument. If Chick-fil-A puts up a sign that ready "gays not welcome" then you'll have something to boycott.

buzz kill

Helms doesn't like it, to f*cking bad, go to KFC.

Oh My

I'm going to boycott something or other until gay people turn straight. Makes about as much sense. A person's religious views are dictated by their religion, not them.

Sick of it

Really Ed? I always thought this was a free country and people are allowed to believe and speak their mind. That's only if you agree with the statement. That is usually how it works with people. You go ahead and boycott and all of us that believe in the freedom to free speech will continue to support this Christian based company. In fact, I am going to make it a point to go there today. BTW, I will not boycott you, even though I don't agree with you my friend.

hotbitch

As a Georgia girl, there is a special place in my heart for Chick-fil-A. Iti's just SO damn good. While I am an open-minded individual who loves and accepts all people I can still respect their decision. They are not open on Sunday due to their religious beliefs so it's no secret that they would feel this way. Everyone knows you'll just have to wait til Monday to get your fix. And do we know the belief systems of every corporation we patronize???? Nope. Business is business. I'm sure there are a few more companies that would raise a few eyebrows. They didn't say they don't like gay people. They just have a problem with the whole marriage thing. And as far as I'm concerned, if anyone truly thinks that God actually wrote the Bible and created the institution of marriage then that's their ignorance.

Santo

"Hey, I really don't appreciate or agree with your intolerant world views, so instead of trying to peacefully change your mind, I'm going to boycott you. Yeah! Having a bunch of idiots with signs picketing your restaurant is definitely going to change your mind!"

Kill with kindness, idiots. You aren't going to change anybody's opinions for the better this way. All it does is make you come off like an elitist douche looking for free publicity. I mean, you've just lumped yourself into the same category as the Kardashians, and no sane person wants to be there.

Carl

No surprise about the anti-gay stance. Chick Fil A has always been highly religious. Doesn't matter to me as I'm not into greasy chicken on a bun even if it comes with a slice of pickle.

bp

love chick fil a - love there stand - there are more of us than the 2.8percent of them go chick fil a

Babydoll0630

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Chick-Fil-A......I don't give a FVCK. One of the only fast food places I ever eat at....if I do.