« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ryan Lochte

Paul Wall Designed My Diamond Grillz

7/31/2012 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0731_Ryan-Lochte_paul_wall_getty_tmz_2Ryan Lochte's unexpected grill flash during his Olympic medal ceremony was courtesy of none other than the grill-master himself ... rapper Paul Wall.

If you recall ... Lochte flashed a ruby and diamond studded American flag grill when he accepted his medal for the men's 400-meter IM event on Saturday ... but the genius behind the bling was "The Peoples Champ" himself.

Wall told XXLmag.com he was psyched to create the mouth piece, saying "Everyone’s talking about it ... it’s just an incredible thing to be part of. There’s not too many world-class swimmers wearing our grill."

The grill was hand crafted by Wall who boasted to the mag, "Every diamond is set by hand ... one by one, prong set and all custom red rubies."

Wall wouldn't specify how much he charged Lochte for the grill ... but says it's worth between $15k and $25k. Wall added "Of course we gave him an Olympic discount."

Worth every penny.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sandra

Rather childish!! Looks like he wants more attention and what a dumb way to get it!!

Noel

Shameless, low class, embarrassing. Typical poorly raised young man in America with no respect.

Terminal Tower

That is so awesomely American!

wiggity

What a completely ridiculous waste of money. Grills are ugly and stupid on everyone. Go white boy, go white boy, go white boy.

DUMB!!!!!!

P

Ryan ...grow up...you dont belong in the GETTO

tasker109

this is sad. not only is it stupid and ugly but in the same edition of TMZ his parents house is being foreclosed on! hmmmmmm shouldnt he be helping them out??

heyapathy

White guys who wear grills look ridiculous. What am I saying, anyone who wears a grill looks ridiculous. It just screams, "I HAVE SO MUCH MONEY THAT I CAN SHOVE DIAMONDS AND GOLD IN MY MOUTH."

Melody

I like paul wall as a rapper, he real cute too!
And he likes the chocolat women too, plus,
plus , plus. Ryan is fine too! I heard he like
all women, but he's got a special thing for
the sweet chocolat! As a very attractive
chocolat women myself, I say great choice
Ryan and Paul!

Melody

@ P. What does that mean? because he is labeled "America's sweetheart" he can't mix his life with the generation of rap music ! Last time I checked his father was arrested several times for DUI and his brother is in prison for drug dealing, and their home is in deep trouble...sounds like trailer park life or hi's family is super low-income, and living a ghetto life to me! by the way, not all black people live or was raised in the hood and are uneducated and listen to gangster/ignorant demeaning rap music! the stereotypes will get you nowhere!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3