'Modern Family' Kid

I Moonlight in Movies

for $3k Per Week

8/1/2012 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0731_ariel_winter_abc_modern_familyAriel Winter -- the girl who plays brainy Alex Dunphy on "Modern Family" -- is a tiny money-making MACHINE ... 'cause besides her steady sitcom paycheck, she made an extra $3k per week to star in a TV movie last year ... and she's only 14-YEARS-OLD!!!!

TMZ has obtained legal docs which show Ariel took a gig back in 2011 appearing in the Nickelodeon TV movie, "Fred 2: Night of the Living Fred" ... during her downtime from "Modern Fam."

According to the docs, Winter raked in $2,808 per week to play the role of "Talia" ... the new girl in school.  It's unclear how many weeks she spent on the project.

Meanwhile, Ariel is reportedly making between $10k and $15k per episode on "Modern Family" ... and is expected to renegotiate for A LOT MORE.

And if that wasn't enough ... in 2011 -- when she was only 13 -- she also did some voice work on a couple of Disney cartoons AND a "Final Fantasy" video game.

Did you even have ONE job when you were 13???

I LOVE MY NIPPLES

She is cute but the glasses need to go!

David Amodt

She is a great actress and a talent on that show. Good for her to make that much dough. Child stars don't usually last in Hollywood though.

LDB

Let's hope she doesn't end up like LiLo and Tara Reid

dskowulf

Cool story tmz. Made me feel useless busting my ass off at work for way less than this spoiled kid

Mets811

Why is everyone hating on her? You people are disgusting and jealus because she makes 15k per episode.

two cents

Lke the rest of those fools bluffing, fire all of them! Stupid show that I stopped watching after a couple episodes. They all think they're special when in fact, hollywood is full of actors and they can all be replaced. 14 years old demanding a raise? Bitch please. You'll see what happens to those that get greedy in hollywood.

Truth

BITCH WILL NEED IT CUZ YALL KNOW 98.9% OF CHILD STARS DONT LAST --- AND NEITHER DOES THEIR MOOLA! BESIDES, HER SALARY AINT THE HIGHEST. TONS OF CHILD STARS IN THE PAST HAVE MADE MORE AND THEN SQUANDERED BY ALL THE USERS, ENABLERS, AND LEECHERS IN THEIR OWN FAM. #TRUTH!!

coverdale16

So Harvey goes away for a week and this is a story you deem newsworthy. An actor has more than one job. Fascinating. You know, you're not a printed newspaper. You don't *have* to fill space.

Someone actually took the time to research this story...

josephgein

Yikes! I googled her and there are dozens of photos of her on the red carpet wearing push-up bras, showing cleavage, trout mouth, "sexy" poses, etc. Made me nervous like I was looking at cp or something. She's 13!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have the next LiLo.

cobrazombie

Is this story supposed to make us feel better about our lives?

Asoil

Actually, yes, I had a job when I was 13. During the (1970) summer I sliced apricots and peaches, picked apples, peaches, strawberries, tomatoes and grapes for 9 hours a day, 6 days a week and made $300 for the whole summer (No, I am not mexican or illegal, my parents believed in developing a strong work ethic in their children and it worked). Some people aren't blessed with a fun life where everthing comes easy, some people have to do actual work for the money they earn, so forgive me for not thinking that a 113-4 yr old having fun in front of a camera and getting paid crazy money is NOT real work, because it isn't real work.

Duke Steele

Yes, I did have a job at 13. And acting is not work. Its playing dress up and make believe and pretending to be something you're not.

Momager

TMZ, you are idiots and you should be embarrassed to be digging into the personal lives of children via court do***ents that are supposed to protect the kids, not expose their personal info(unlike a lawsuit where the parties know they are creating a public do***ent). There really is no story here, other than Winter isn't do that well. $2800 a week for film is really, really POOR pay for any actor, child or not. Doing a Nickelodeon MOW is not exactly the cream of the crop for an actor. Check the union scale (most Nickelodeon movies are AFTRA) and you will find that she didn't get much over the required minimum wage. As for the implication that she doesn't deserve it because she is a child---Winter has been working in the adult world for a DECADE. She has a healthy resume and good work history. Maybe your shock should be at how kids are ripped off ONLY because of their age. Age discrimination is when they do the same jobs as adults in Hollywood but get paid 1/10th of the paycheck. THERE is a story.

waffles

Momager is absolutely right. If she's making three grand for a week of movie work when she is on one of the top rated shows in the country it means she needs a new agent or she was only working a day or two a week. And why is TMZ revealing what a minor earns? That's so invasive and so wrong.

Rae

I hope whoever manages her money for her does right by her.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments