Snoop Dogg

I'd LOVE to Judgizzle

'American Idol'

8/2/2012 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0802_snoop_dogg_tmz
"American Idol" could finally be going to pot this fall -- because spliffmaster rap legend Snoop Dogg says he'd LOVE to fill the last remaining judging spot on the show.

During an interview this week, Snoop -- recently reincarnated as reggae artist Snoop Lion -- reportedly said, "I'll do 'American Idol'"

TMZ broke the story ... Jennifer Lopez' judging spot has been filled by Mariah Carey -- who inked a record $18 MILLION contract for her first year on the show. So far, Steven Tyler's spot is still up for grabs.

"Idol" spokesman Neil Schubert would not comment on whether Snoop was being considered to fill the empty seat.

Yeah dogg.

verlinda

Go Snoop GO. I would enjoy watching with him as a Judge

Jon619

You people forget he is a self proclaimed gang member. This is a bad idea, don't add a gang member to prime time tv. I'm not even trippig about all the week smoking, but gang **** forgetaboutit.

Jordan

Someone needs to teach those kids to become Drug addicts and who better than the top dogg.

LittleBIt

18 million for Mariah?? Between politicians who make an obscene amount of money for the lousey job they do, the millions & millions of dollars professional atheletes and actors are raking in, you wouldnt think there are millions of people in our country who cant afford to feed or clothe their kids and who are having their homes forclosed on because they have been unemployed for so long they are losing everything! Its disgusting and shameful how the entertainment world throws money like this around. None of them are worth what they are making. So choke on your money you spoiled rotten bas*ards. It cant buy you happiness.

Reg

Seacrest would have to spend all his time running around to the dealers, just to fill Snoops rider.

sroberts2037

I think he could be a good judge from a musical standpoint. But from a personal standpoint, I think he has too many drug arrests to put him on a the pedestal that is American Idol. I think it would send the wrong message to the youthful audience.

Heyya

You mean Snoop Lion?? Changed his name now.

nof

Snoop's a no-brainer on this one -

Makes perfect sense -

just what A.I. needs -

A Judge willing to put his self on the line -

Take some responsibility :

-for the success of the show - the ratings -

-Rather than Steven Tyler's:

"I'm just here for the paycheck."

"Snoop, Snoop, Snoop, Snoop, Snoop, Snoop, Snoop - "

"bring along Chas Man as well (Charlie Sheen)."

Winning!!!

Lissen-up for a chance, A.I. I'M DOWN WITH YOU.

nof-sizzle

nof

CAA needs to sign both Snoop and I -

This is ridiculous.

this is such a no-brainer I cantz even believe it yo.

nof-sizzle

nof-sizzling here in Augustizzle

nof

If Arlyne Rothberg were managing Snoop (and me).

this woulda been a done da-snizzle six months back.

Where you be, Arlyne.

We calling you on the schnu-zizzle.

Hear our plea, Arlyne Rothberg.

-Snoop first-izzle because he's Snoop.

nof

171 years old -

-And the World's finally beginning to make...

...Some sens-sizzle!!!

Yes, of course Snoop for A.I. - of course!!!

Help Snoop, Arlyne -

Snoop first.

I'm working on sumpthin-schne-nizzle.

I'll catch up to y'all-zizzle - I'm good.

Nicole

TMZ, where have you been? His name is, "Snoop Lion," now.

marilyn

Snoop can't speak to save his life... The guy can't even open his eyes!! Bring GENE SIMMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am Spartacus

Just what Fox wants for the judge of a show aimed at families... a pothead. Snoop posts pics everyday of his weed and him smoking blunts. That's the image they're looking for.

Woot

Love or hate his music, he would make that show a comedic success! He's so damned funny! More than I can say for most of the previous judges. I can see him and Ryan going at it. Two totally different types of people, but both very humorous. What a riot that would be!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments