Snoop Dogg

I'd LOVE to Judgizzle

'American Idol'

8/2/2012 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0802_snoop_dogg_tmz
"American Idol" could finally be going to pot this fall -- because spliffmaster rap legend Snoop Dogg says he'd LOVE to fill the last remaining judging spot on the show.

During an interview this week, Snoop -- recently reincarnated as reggae artist Snoop Lion -- reportedly said, "I'll do 'American Idol'"

TMZ broke the story ... Jennifer Lopez' judging spot has been filled by Mariah Carey -- who inked a record $18 MILLION contract for her first year on the show. So far, Steven Tyler's spot is still up for grabs.

"Idol" spokesman Neil Schubert would not comment on whether Snoop was being considered to fill the empty seat.

Yeah dogg.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Sin D

Now THAT would bring this show back to # 1 . Snoop rocks !

Tesla_Consulting

Snoop doggy dogg....Snoop Dogg.

SNAPPS

I’m all for Snoop taking over American Idol. I think it’s going to be interesting with both him and Mariah on the show. This could possibly be what the show needs to breathe life into it once again. I only started watching AI after my coworker at Dish told me about it last season. I never miss this primetime show and now and I can watch it commercial free. I can watch all my primetime shows with or without commercials using the Auto Hop feature. This feature still allows a user to watch commercials Dish's just eliminating the need to manually fast forwarding commercials. Most of us with DVRs already do this when playing back recordings. You can still rewind to see the commercials if you want they will always be there. It’s been great not having to worry about skipping the commercials and it gives my remote a break.

Seymour Bluffs

My vote if I had one would be for Jimmy Fallon as the new judge....Like this if you agree....

Mary

Snoop should be a judge.

Oz

It might just bring a little comedy to the show and make it less boring... I'd watch it again...

Bastard

Who better to judge a singing contest than someone who has never sang? Rapping is the easiest thing in the world because you do not need to learn the little things like tone, pitch, or creativity.

DESERTLOX

If Snoop were to be a Judge I would never miss the show. JLo didn't work..Steven Tyler as not right although I love him and how could they possibly think of Mariah with all her ridiculous demands and her wanting to bring her new twins and Nanny's and the baskets full of puppies she always wants ..so much BS to prove she is a Diva. She needs to remember where she came from. Don't bore us with Mariah.Snoop is perfect and so would

scot S

Snoop would be the perfect judge for Idol! Lets do this!

Elmo

C'mon, Marlee Matlin would make a better judge.

Brooke