Tom Arnold

I Roasted Roseanne

... To End the Beef

8/6/2012 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0806_tom_arnold_rosanne_getty
After years of HATING EACH OTHER'S GUTS -- Tom Arnold says he made a last minute appearance at Comedy Central's roast of Roseanne last weekend ... to bury the hatchet once and for all.

TMZ broke the story ... A few weeks ago Tom was adamant he wanted nothing to do with the CC bash ... not surprising since he and Rosey had a notoriously nasty split back in 1994.

But a producer for the show tells TMZ ... Tom initially turned down his invitation to participate in the "Roast" ... but had a change of heart at the very last second  and contacted producers to let them know he changed his mind.

We're told producers were on board, but had to get the green light from Roseanne first ... and in another shocking turn of events, she said yes.

The best part ... we're told after Tom roasted her, the pair shared a private moment backstage for the FIRST TIME IN 17 YEARS.

In case you're curious, here's one of Tom's "jokes" that helped settle their long-time beef:

"She may not be the perfect wife, but she is literally the worst f-ing EX-WIFE on the planet ... trust me."

Oh Tom.

Kaaka

Age and TIME truly HEAL MOST wounds , i just 3 months ago saw my ex -wife for the first time in 11 years but it felt more like 21 ,And the strange thing is we both felt more nostalgic than bitter and angry.

cobrazombie

Throw in a box of Odor Eaters and you got a deal.

Sandy

I love Tom and like watching reuns of Roseane but shes not a very nice person. I don't know who wrote the jokes on the show, but whomever did a great job. I have seen the shows like three times and still laugh. The star of the show though was Laurie Metcalf~ she was a riot.. without her the show would of been a bomb.

ThePhoenix

I love it !! Great to move on. I like them both.

Glory Bee

hahahahaha. Todays insta-celebs should take a lesson from these two. Now THERE was some serious trash. No, I'm not bashing, Really, I think they moved the whole "love you, hate you" media covered relationship to an art form. Sheesh, makes the current crop pale in comparison.

bradleykwolford

OMG you won't believe what Roseanne Barr did to me!!! http://www.youtube.com/bradleykwolford

LIN

Too bad she's a socialist skank! Guess she forgot that she made her millions on capitalism!

liquidbabydoll

he was funny on the roast

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3