« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

Arrested for Domestic Violence

8/12/2012 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Chad Johnson mug shot after arrest.NFL star Chad Johnson was arrested Saturday night for domestic violence ... allegedly against new wife Evelyn Lozada, one of the stars of VH1's "Basketball Wives."

Law enforcement sources tell us Johnson allegedly head-butted Lozada during an argument, and when cops arrived to the scene, Lozada had lacerations on her forehead.

Our sources say Lozada has been at the hospital for several hours.

According to our sources, the fight started when Lozada found a receipt for condoms in the center of the couple's Maserati and confronted Johnson about it. A verbal argument ensued.

We're told at some point during the argument, Johnson head-butted Lozada. According to reports, Johnson told police he butted heads with Lozada by accident.

Johnson is reportedly still in custody and will have to go before a judge before he can be released.

Johnson and Lozada were married last month after Johnson proposed in November 2010 with a massive 10-carat diamond ring.

update_bar
8:45PM PT  Johnson is still at the Davie, FL police station, but will eventually be transferred to a county jail facility. Authorities tell us he will remain in custody tonight, and since there are no bond judges scheduled to work Sunday ... it's entirely possible Chad will be cooling off behind bars until Monday morning.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

yasmeen

he should have walked away...

Marcella

I can't believe this woman of all the women in the world called the police on someone......I guess she forgot she threw a bottle of wine at Charlie Bell's wife.....that almost hit Shaunie in the head, leaped on top of a table to fight Jen, threw a glass of wine in the other chicks face.....wow the nerve! I'm not condoning Chad's actions but give me a break.........Everyone knows this crazy lady was all up in his face ranting and raving being her ghetto self! he problem head butted her to shut the hell up!

Marcella

Sandy

I am not surprised after a month the marriage is in trouble and probably over but I am surprised he physically abused her. I am not a Evelyn fan but no women deserves to be abused Isn't she and he going to have a reality show coming up on vh1 soon?.

jimmy d

His wife is sexy as hell, the only reason I would head butt her is if she had overly large labias that spread out like bat wings, I know I've been there, gorgeous girl, then the panties come toff and it looks like a 3Dhorror show

Mike44090

Since they married on July 4th and they separate now , would that mean that their marriage lasted less then Kim K. and Kris H.'s? Maybe that's what they were going for since their new show "Ev and Ocho" ends with their marriage. Next season will be about their divorce. It's all for publicity.

Babyrae

Is this suppose to be a Surprise!!... Seen this coming when she and he was a iche in daddy's pants...

Marvin

She can now play the victim story line for TV. And those stupid enough to watch these stupid people.

Babyrae

Who is surprised? I saw this coming when they both were an itch in their daddy pants!... Hate to hear it thou.

alex

no woman deserves to be abused. this "lady" could really push you to the edge, however.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

You can take the boy out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy. I guess she was his "perfect bitch." Maybe next time she'll go for a regular guy instead of the money.

Vee105

HOW DO YOU HEAD BUTT YOUR WIFE!
HE IS LOWER THAN TRASH!

jb

Whats the big deal???? He's a NFL player.....It's their SOP!

loloagogo

She does the same thing to the gals on Basketball Wives. Shawnie, why didn't SHE get arrested?

Karma

Evelyn is so evil. I know that it was more than oh I found condoms it was Evelyn she will fight and provoke and do anything for drama. She is a mental headcase full of all the 7 deadly sins. Chad probably broke by things she said or did. Some people bring out the worst in others and I guess it was Chads turn. I hope he moves on because this isnt his character.