« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

Fired ... Again

8/15/2012 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0815_ocho_zinco_tmz
Here's a shocker -- something actually lasted LESS TIME than Chad Johnson's marriage to Evelyn Lozada -- his endorsement deal with Zico coconut water ... because the drink company just fired his ass ... less than a month after signing him.

A rep for Zico released a statement today, saying, "In light of recent events involving Mr. Johnson, we have decided to terminate our relationship" with him. The "recent events" obviously refer to Johnson's domestic violence arrest this weekend ... after he allegedly headbutted Lozada.

The rep adds, "The values we espouse, through our employees, our customers and our brand, are central to our mission. We have taken this proactive step to demonstrate just how important those values are."

Zico signed Johnson on July 25th. Johnson married his soon-to-be ex-wife Evelyn on July 4th.

The downward spiral continues.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

matt

buh-dayum!

Pudding Tang

Ochocinco, Ochenta Y Seis'd, El Shocko!

Dee

TMZ seems like they hate the ish out of Chad

Kel

Look how a Bitch screwed you!!!! I bet Chad wish he had beat the **** out of Evelyn...I mean...I feel like beating **** out of her for him. That damn Bitch!!!! I don't condone domestic violence but I am sick of women who feel they can hit a man and it's okay for him not to hit back...this **** needs to stop!!!

Judith

Damn...with the exception of Elin I ain't never seen a bitch **** a brother this hard. If I were a professional athlete I'd stay away from any bitch whose name begins with an E.

Poule

Terrel, Chad, they look alike I get mixed up, more or less the same problems...

Linda G

Evelyn never met a fight she didn't start... it's a tragedy what is happening to Chad. Evelyn should come clean to save this man's career.

lynfaye

Dog Chad! Looks Like She wasn't No Good For YOU, YOU tried to Play and Got Played.

daintyfeeets

Still waiting for Kobe Bryant (remember the CO incident?) to be fired from the Lakers and his Nike endorsement deal taken away. People pick and choose in situations like this. Either all people should be punished or no person should be punished. Just sayin'

Anthony

Man this must be the most expensive head butt in history. What a dumb jock.

DaveT

There's no "pro-active" step here, just idiocy...as typical with societal behavior under pressure from feminist bureaucrats.
There's no proof or evidence, only accusations, as usual it's enough when the accused person is a man.
What will Zico and the rest do if evidence later shows that he was the one who was assaulted?

AlwaysOnTimeB

Amazing that this is the reaction given that Evelyn is no innocent victim. I would take her track record of violence into consideration. His alleged two events are NOTHING compared to the violence this woman has participated in. Quick to run her mouth, quick to throw her fists. Hard for me to feel sorry for someone like that. I feel sorry for Chad, because he has lost everything behind this no good woman. It could have been self defense. He could have head butted her to back her up. She's the type that would want to ruin his career behind something like that. I'm sure she sitting somewhere being all smug about this. Once again, I don't condone violence for anyone that thinks that's what I'm saying here. Maybe they both need to go to anger management. It certainly isn't a one sided thing here.

Lady Truth

Yet another article slamming Chad Johnson. Evelyn is TMZ's source for gossip about the Basketball Wives. For the record I can't stand Chad or Evelyn but I have to comment on how biased these articles are. Evelyn is TMZ's gossip snitch. That is why they kiss her butt.

I am Spartacus

Johnson's career is basically over while her "career" will go on because her "career" is built on her ruining the lives of athletes aka "basketball wives."

She's allowed to be a crazy, violent b*tch because it generates ratings for whatever channel that show is on, too bad she isn't held to the same standards as Chad.

ERIC WONG

Chad Johnson! Boy i feel it for you. You went and marry a SALTY BITCH! BOSS . If you ask any jamaican about ur situation, they wuld reply " YUH SALT TO RASS MON CHAD! YUH NEED TO GO TO THE OCEAN AND SWIM OFF THE CROSSES. DAT BITCH BRING NOTING BUT CROSSES IN YUH LIFE MY FREN , NOW YUH DOWN IN THE VALLEY OF DAMNATION. JESUS IS THE ANSWER GIVE ERIC WILLIAMS A CALL SO HE CAN PRAY WITH YOU MY FRIEND. HE KNEW THE BITCH WAS POSSES WITH THE DEVIL...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments