« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Hope Solo is LYING ...

I Never Slapped Her

8/17/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0816_maksim-chmerkovskiy_hope_solo_getty_tmz
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is adamant ... he NEVER slapped Hope Solo across the face behind the scenes at "Dancing with the Stars" ... despite allegations she made in her new book.

TMZ has learned ... Maksim was absolutely shocked when he heard about the "completely false" story in Hope's book, "Solo: A Memoir of Hope" ... in which the Team USA soccer star claims Maksim pulled a Rick James while trying to put her head in the correct position for a dancing move.

The two were partners on "DWTS" in 2011.

Sources close to Maksim tell us ... he has no idea why Solo would publish such a false and defamatory statement and doesn't know why she would have such ill will towards him ... especially because they've had dinner several times since the show ended.

In fact, Hope JUST tweeted Maksim right before the Olympics, offering him free seats to one of the Team USA soccer games.

Hope's rep tells TMZ, she stands by what she wrote in her autobiography.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jinko

She's a messed-up head case who looks like a Neanderthal . Something wrong with that girl in so many ways. it was painful to watch her try to dance. Poor Max. He deserves a Gold Medal for having to put up with her. No one will read her book anyway.

tinamarie

All I'm saying is that if anyone treated me that way, (slap, push, twisted wrist) I would walk away from it. She didn't have to stay and had a way out and didn't take it. There is no way I would have stayed even for the sake of a compitition. And she didn't want to ruin his career then but she is ok with it now. Ok..

pegasus

She's psycho

Tim

You think Hope Solo loves attention ?????

NO ****ING WAYYYY

Sandra

Something about Solo is off and I am on team Max on this one!!

jpm4444

She may be the biggest bitch in America. What an arrogant wench. She's thrown her teammates under the bus 4 times, whined about refs, coaches, trainers and now this?

Who the hell raised her? the kardashians?

RGP

Gotta extend that 15 minutes of fame...the little princess has to be the center of attraction. Go away we do not want to hear your whining and crying ..oh yeah get a make over looks as if you were hit with an ugly stick

Me Too

They are both useless human beings. He makes a living twirling around but acts like he discovered the cure for cancer. Only 350lb lonely housewives care about this clown. As far as this phoney she-male goes, she was a poor sport on DWTS, and has an "I'm so much better-than-everyone-else" attitude. Props for the gold medal, but you're a real see-you-next-tuesday. How ironic these two actually DESERVE each other.

MrHarrybawls2010

Hey "anson" you must not have watched the soccer games. so shut your damn pie-hole . I am a fan of the Olympics and its the bad refereeing, the steroids (ie. Bolt), the corruption that has ruined them. The Olympic's greatest moment was Bob Beamon's long jump at Mexico City-that was pure athleticism.

Uncle Rufus

I believe HER, 100%!

KTD

I don't like her, but I believe her in this instance. Maks was abusive to her on camera during the group dance,and Derek Hough had to step in to save the day. Maks should have been fired a long time ago. He's not a very good dancer anyway.

Darius

"Maksim was absolutely shocked when he heard about the "completely false" story in Hope's book,"
Maksim should be shocked if everything in the book is true! People who writes book are out to prmote themselves, make them look good and win sympathy of readers, not to tell the truth.

jules

I don't particularly care for her and it's obvious from some of the comments that others don't either. But, I watched the season she was on dwts and Maks was very rough with her. There were incidents shown where people were blasting him and ABC for allowing that kind of behavior. She also threatened to quit because of it. I'm not saying Maks did slap her. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if he did something for her to make the claim. Everything in rehearsals is taped tho, so if this truly did happen it's recorded somewhere.

tucker

Maybe he shoulda slapped her more. She had all the grace of a 2x4 ...

JustMe

I'm trying to figure out why this bitch even has a book? She 'ain't nothing special that anyone would want to read about her boring life.