« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vanessa Bryant

I'd Support Kobe ...

Even If He Was a Loser

8/17/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0817_vanessa_kobe_bryant
Vanessa Bryant claims she's not a shallow gold-digging, championship-hoarding basketball wife ... insisting she would have married Kobe Bryant even if he NEVER won an NBA title.

Bryant is finally responding to critics who skewered her for the interview she did with New York Magazine in which she said, "I certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships."

Now, Vanessa tells TMZ ... "I'm sad to hear that comments in my New York  Magazine interview are being misconstrued and taken out of context. I have and will continue to support my husband’s dreams."

Vanessa continues, "I have been with Kobe for 13 years. I accepted his marriage proposal PRIOR to him winning any of his 5 championships with his teammates."

"For anyone to think otherwise is wrong. It is not about being married to a ‘winner’ it is about our sacrifice as a family. “

FYI -- Kobe and Vanessa got engaged in May 2000 ... and he won his first championship in June of 2000.

0612_KOBE_VANESSA_FOOTER

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

S.

first!

buckwheat

And she's also selling The Brooklyn Bridge

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

How can it be misconstrued? It came dang right out of her mouth. Did she not hear herself say it? Or does she not understand what she said?

OooooNooo!

"I don't care if he's a rapist either. He's MY rapist."

maria

Love your headline....Vanessa, He is a loser, in all senses of the word, and you as well for staying with him.

pat

She can say whatever she wants or thinks she needs to say but she remains and will always remain

a shallow gold-digging wife who would only be interested in a guy's wallet.

LDB

Don't try to change your words around now after getting chewed out by everyone that you'll only f*ck champions. You're a useless gold-digging whore that needs to know your place. Nice example your setting for both your daughters

Jay W.

She's such a caring and compassionate wife.

PG

I think her comment was more of a dig aimed at Kong KockROACHian.

No comment

Vanessa dropped out of high school her senior year to date Kobe. No word on if she earned her GED. Although living close to U of Irvine, she has never attended college. She is the mother of two school age girls and has had nannies, housekeepers, gardeners, and so forth. She has never held a job in the work force. Kobe married her without a prenup, chaching, she is a wise Gold Digger.

jokerchick

clearly she's a fake @$$ bytch, she's 2 surgeries away from looking like Michael Jackson...why backpedal? grow a set and say "I meant what I said - period", at least that's honest

Elsa

The family that douchebags together, ...stays together.

Jordan

Why should vannesa appologize because kobe is an alleged rapist a cheating husband and when is the last time that loser brought home a championship. Kobe is such a loser that the lakers had to pay top dollar for 2 more losers who have never one and one of the guys is so old he should have retired a long time ago.

Phishie from Philly

I understand whats going on here so let me explain. You see if Kobe didn't win any championships Vanessa would have divorced him the 1st time he cheated. So the moral of the story is it's ok to cheat if you win championships but if you don't win any Vanessa would dump you faster than the Dolphins dump Ochoo Chad head butting guy.
I'm so glad I attending public school my entire life so I could understand all of this.
Phishie from Philly

Cheryl A.

She says "it's about our sacrifice of being a family"
HUH?????

The only thing she sacrificed was her dignity when he was with another woman. Families are NOT a sacrifice.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments