Katy Perry

$20 Mil 'Idol' Offer

REJECTED

8/25/2012 7:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0825_katy_perry_AI_getty
"American Idol" desperately wanted Katy Perry to fill one of its vacant judge's seats, so much so,  they offered her $20 MILLION ... but she she still turned it down ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the production tell TMZ ... "Idol" pursued Perry relentlessly for weeks, eager to get her to sign on the dotted line. According to our sources, they started the offer at $18 million, but threw even more cash on the table ... $20 MILLION for a one year contract!!!

We're told Katy made it clear ... she was NOT interested and money wasn't the issue.

Sources tell us ... aside from the fact that Katy's schedule made it impossible to do the show ... she just didn't think it was right career choice for her.

Mariah must be one pissed, $18 million judge.

HRH Prince Michael

I must be honest: Katy Perry, is a talented individual.
$20 Million? She probably got at least that - for her Soul.

Blessedly, the brilliant Kate Bush - at last - has an heir-apparent: Izzi Ray. Unquestionably, this young-lady has more talent in her -guitar playing- hands than TEN "divas" combined.

"More Than Conquerers" by Izzi Ray
Official Music of The House of David

20Twelve:
Daniel Twelve;1 is HERE,
Proverbs Twelve;7 is NOW,
Zechariah Twelve;8 is NOW,
St. Mark Twelve;36 is NOW,
Psalm2;012 is NOW:
The Most Blessed Christ King Yeshua reigns!
ALL, for The Greater Glory of The True and Living Yahweh!

Vic

It makes me wonder.... how much would A.I had offered Michael Jackson to be a judge on the show?? Knowing that MJ had "financial problems" would A.I approach MJ and made him an offer??? im saying if Kathy was offered 20MILL.... I gues MJ would have been around the 40-50MILL

Mandy

Hahaha it sucks to be mariah right now!

tgrfan42069

why not get carrie underwood or kelly clarkson..both are talented and know what it takes to win seeings they won.im sure they just want to get big name star power.but they would make good judges

Blacknwild

SHE DATED THAT TINY PINK D*CK F.A.G.G.O.T RUSSELL. HOW IN THE HELL COULDNT SHE TELL DUDE WAS GAY? EVEN STEVIE WONDER COULD SEE THAT.

BECKER

Thank Goodness She is a talentless Lip Syncing Phony Bitzh

Eliza

She's too stable for the job. Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Demi Lovato? Really? At least Mariah has a long successful career. Her opinion means a little bit. Britney is too damaged. If I were an aspiring singer her opinion would mean very little. Demi Lovato's, next to nothing. What a joke. Judges with experience and clout cannot be found at any price obviously. Beginning of the end

Bu

American Idol doesn't get it. The show itself is getting old and has jumped the shark...it has nothing to do with the judges. I think that the ratting will only go down. J-Lo and Steven were just fine...it's the format that is done, over with!

Sin D

They need an actual musician for a judge

JUST A GUY

It makes me, wonder... knowing that Michael Jackson Had some financial problems... Would A.I if he where to be alive.... would they have made an offer??? and if kathy was offered 20MILL.... how much would it be worth for A.I to have MJ on the Show.... I say more than 50MILL.... Harvey what you say?

brad

I just read that "American Idol" is thinking about getting Nicky Minaj. After I saw her bizarre 2012 Grammy performance, I have no idea why they'd want her.

If they have to have 2 women and 1 man, then make it Mariah and Alanis Morissette. I hear that Keith Urban is in the running too. He'd be fine if they want a country star. Garth Brooks might be good too. Whatever happened to him?

I'm sure TMZ would love to see "drunk as a skunk" Randy Travis on American Idol every week. Except for Lindsay Lohan of course, Randy Travis seems to be the biggest "trainwreck" out there nowadays. People love that. How else to you explain the success of all these stupid reality shows like "The Kardashians" and "Teen Mom"?

Jim in Cali

Career move? Bitch your career is the songs that Dr. Luke makes for you. You'll be gone in 3yrs tops

Oh A 💛💋

F*ck that hire me american idol !

Dinosauer

I thought American Idol was for when artists were well & truly down in the dumps? Katy Perry is blatantly super successful right now, but sheesh 20mil? Crazy.

seamus

Why not bring back former Idol winners to be judges?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments