Amanda Bynes

Prosecutors Re-Open

OLD Hit-and-Run Case

8/27/2012 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0824_amanda_bynes_tmzAmanda Bynes is no longer in the clear for an alleged hit-and-run back in April -- TMZ has learned the L.A. City Attorney is taking a new look at that case because of Amanda's other hit-and-run earlier this month.

As TMZ first reported, Bynes allegedly rear-ended a BMW, and fled the scene while driving a rental on the 101 Freeway. The L.A. City Attorney's Office rejected the case because there was no independent witness to finger Amanda as the suspect.

Law enforcement sources tell us that all changed when Bynes was accused, yet again, of hit-and-run on August 4.

We're told prosecutors have decided to re-open the April incident -- which means Amanda could end up with 2 misdemeanor hit-and-runs ... with each carrying a max sentence of 6 months.

Don't forget, Bynes also has a DUI on her plate from a whole other incident. She pled not guilty to that one back in June.

berns123

she needs to go to jail and quit being a little bitch about it...break the law you must suffer the consequences.

John

How about you prove they reopened it....

lets see the statement from the DA's office...

magica

I want to console her. I'll start with the boobs and lick my way down to her crotch. I'll spend some quality time there.

Donna

With all the stories about this young lady, and the statement she made about retiring about a yr or so ago then unretiring, makes me think she is in a serious emotional state and drinking or drugging to make herself feel better. She needs help! Very necessary to also face the music in court, but lets see what happens, since it is Calif.

SANDY

AMANDA IS ONE OF THE BEST CHILD ACTORS I HAVE EVER SEEN. WHY ISN'T HOLLYWOOD WRITING MOVIES FOR HER TO STAR IN. THEY USE UP CHILD ACTORS TO GET RICH AND THEN DISPOSE OF THE LIKE TRASH. THEY ARE MISSING OUT ON THIS BEAUTIUL STAR.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Don't worry... you're chances of getting prosecuted are slim to none because it's a non-violent offense. You'll be doing community service in the break room at the morgue for two whole weeks.

Steve Ragan

Ms. Bynes, you were so hilarious in that soccer movie!! I am in my 50's and had never heard of you until I saw that movie. You have such great acting potential. I would watch anything you were involved in. You, however, are at that age, "and some are even older", when partying is involved in your lifstyle. Please admit you have a drug/alcohol problem and get help. But you must help yourself first. Please make all of your fans truly love you and appreciate you. Please do not let alcohol and drugs ruin your beautiful self, inside and out.

Steve Ragan

Ms. Bynes, you were so funny in that soccer movie! I had never heard of you until I saw that movie!:) I have let many people borrow it and they all loved it! I am in my 50's, but I would watch anything you were involved in...you have so much natural talent!:) You are at that age when partying is involved in your life. Please help yourself and get counseling, or counsel yourself. Please do not let drugs/alcohol ruin your beautiful self inside and out :(

Majestik

Today on TMZ live. Amanda's father calls in to state, yet again, that Amanda does not drink or do drugs and then excuses off all the accidents as the person in front slammed on the breaks or that her own breaks failed. Might just be, "SHE CUT ME OFF" in there.

Yup

I don't understand her. She's very cute, has amazing legs, has a successful family friendly movie career going with millions in the bank and an iron clad good-girl reputation in hollywood, could have any guy she wants; basically, the world is her oyster. Yet, she seems bound & determined to screw things up. First the tweet ~ 1 year ago about how she was retiring (which was retracted 1-2 months later), now all these drunken driving/hit and run/accident incidents. And, she's starting to dress like a slovenly lindsay lohan slut clone. Give her a year, and she'll be turning tricks. If anyone's in need of an intervention, it's her...

JJAA

Move over Lindsay…Here comes Amanda!

Sabrina Bowman

Not trying to be a hater here..but has she ever done anything besides that stupid ass show with Jennie Garth?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3