Nicolas Cage

I Like To Rent Movies ...

And NOT Return Them

9/1/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0831-nic-cage-tmz
We know Nicolas Cage has problems paying taxes ... but who knew he had issues returning movies ... so claims a video store that wants him to pay $224.48 in late fees for 2 DVDs.

The owner of Old Bank DVD in Downtown L.A. tells TMZ Nic rented the flicks back in April -- "A Star is Born" and "The King of Comedy."

Problem is, four months later -- they haven't been returned.

Old Bank has resorted to Facebook to get Cage's attention (they say they can't get a hold of him) posting ..."If anyone happens to run into Nicolas Cage wandering the neighborhood, please kindly remind him he's had [our DVD's] for a few months."

They hilariously add, "Old Bank DVD is not responsible if he gets mad, bursts into flames and beats you up though."

0831-nic-cage-overdue-arrowed

Moral of the story -- a guy who owes the IRS $6 MILLION may be a little high risk.

MrHarrybawls2010

Cage : please leave showbiz asap. Your movies and "acting" suck. We all know you got lucky only because your uncle is Francis Ford Copolla. Nepotism at its worst. Almost as bad as Ed Van Halen having his morbidly obese son Wolfy be the newest member in his band. And we all know how that turned out.

Hankster

I find this to be a bit outlandish, going on facebook to get the dvd back. Netflex and Redbox just makes you pay 25 bucks after the time limit. I'm surprised Nick Gage gets DVD at a store in the first place. He should have his assistant's to retrieve such items. Geezz Just saying!!

Jackie

How about you send him the bill than using facebook?

worldd

why don't you get netflix?

the_truth_hurts

who still rents DVD's?
someone should tell him about netflix

BlackCloud

LOL @ nicholas cage. silly man.

GLaDOS

What kind of a sh*tty video store doesn't require a credit card on the account? Hell, back in the late 90's/early 2000's when I worked at one they'd require a credit card on file.

Dear Video Store,
Pretend it's the late 90's and require a credit card on file so that you can charge people that keep your sh*t.

sara

WHO GIVE A SHI*

tamara

I rented a chipmunks movie once and kept it. and did wind up paying the purchase price. I still feel kinda guilty.

Bridget

I worked at a video store as a teen. We had a customer die in a car accident and the tape was destroyed. My manager would have phone conversations with the guys brother negotiating how much he should have to pay for the tape and late fees to get our store to stop calling every day.

Lesson here...don't tick of video stores if you can help it, since apparently even death doesn't sway them from collecting.

Amy

I call BS. His name is entered incorrectly. The coma means last name 1st. Someone probably just typed that in to take a pic.
I hope Nic Cage sues for defamation.

~♥~

Oookkkk..lol. He's such a bad a** for not returning the movies. He turns me on...that bad boy.lol

Cletus Van Damme

Who the hell still goes to a video store, in particular one that still has these crazy late fees? In any case, I'm sure that he can afford to pay the late fees stupid video store owner. It's 2 DVDs, you can buy them for about $1 at the flea market, why annoy one of your few remaining customers.

birdman

That would never hold up in court. If you keep the movie for a period of time you pretty much just buy the movie aka 20 bucks

devilgirl

Sad TMZ thinks this is an "EXCLUSIVE" gossip story!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments