Mark Abrahamian

Starship Guitarist Dies

9/3/2012 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_Mark-Abrahamian_facebook
Mark Abrahamian
, a guitarist for the band Starship, passed away following a concert last night in Nebraska ... TMZ has learned.

The band tweeted, "We are shocked and saddened at the sudden loss of our guitar player Mark Abrahamian. We will miss you, brother. Rest in peace, Mark."

They added via Facebook, "Mark was a kind, thoughtful and innovative soul. He was also a friend and family member. Mark also happened to be one hell of a guitar player. We are devastated by the loss of our brother and just dealing with it the best we can."

Abrahamian has been on tour with Starship starring Mickey Thomas since 2000. He has also played with the likes of Survivor, Toto, Loverboy and ACDC.

The band was scheduled to play a concert tonight in Utah, but canceled the show.

Butterfly

THIS IS SO SAD! Can someone please tell us more about this talented young man??? Sleep Well, Mark, Sleep Well.

Cheryl A.

Rest in Peace, Sir.

DaveT

RIP bro, sad news and, not to take away from the tragedy of it, but glad to know he passed away during a tour, after a show, doing what he loves.

Brittany

I find it amusing that people automatically presume musicians are boozing, womanizing dope fiends and that the 30 year old (and Reefer Madness) stereotypes apply. A large majority do not take drugs, and I would estimate that as many, or more professional businessmen and politicians take the hard stuff to get through their daily routine.

Rob J

His body simply failed after one performance of We Built This City too many.

MadCharles

RIP
Available to jump in.

~♥~

That's sad. R.I.P. dude.

Sissy65

I just saw him a few months ago in Newberry, SC. He was great! My thoughts are with his family and friends.

low battery

RIP Mark (Dreamr).
Haven't heard you play in ages!
Say hello to Bunch when you see him!

Tracy Lalonde

Omg! Thats terrible. :( Way too young ... My condolences to his family and friends.

CriticXtreme

R.I.P! As predicted and not just Celebs, it seems that many are checking out before 12.21.2012.

Butterfly

Hi, Chris! Thank you so much for your response! Mark must have been a very cherished friend to you and to all who were privileged to know him, personally. Such a tragic loss for everyone. Again, Thank You for taking time to respond. I appreciate it more than I can say. Best Wishes.

Shawn

Zarley

What about Choquico?Thought he was one of the guitarsts.

LiLo's boy toy

RIP Mark, we loose another great one

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments