Michael Clarke Duncan

Planned To Wed

Omarosa in January

9/4/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_MICHAEL-CLARKE-DUNCAN_omorosa_tmz_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault were secretly engaged and the wedding was set for this January, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell us, Michael and Omarosa kept the engagement a secret from the media ... only telling very close friends and family about the pending nuptials.

We're told the couple had just started planning for the wedding when Michael went into full cardiac arrest​ July 13 and was hospitalized until his death.

We're told Omarosa is just destroyed after waging a valiant fight to save Michael.  She had doctors flown in from all over the world but constantly worried if she was doing enough.

Michael died while still in the hospital Monday morning. He was 54.

Omarosa, who had just left town for an engagement before Michael's death, returned to L.A. last night ... and was sobbing uncontrollably at LAX.

Robyn

There is a special little hell for paps who snap your picture while you are in tears and grieving the loss of the love of your life. HOW AWFUL of them. Seriously. you can stop when someone's devastated, can;'t you?

Lisa

Such a sad day! I love Michael Clarke Duncan. He had huge heart.....and was always so genuine to anyone he talked too. An amazing man, gone way too soon. Rest in peace Michael!

Suerathia C. Turner

I loved him. He had such a beautiful smile and that body well I'm saved and glad but I can still see, 300 lbs. of "solid" African American Male.................WOW!! My granddaughter and I always had a movie night where we would watch the Green Mile, eat and just have fun. RIP Michael and we will still always have our movie night to watch YOU! Our prayers are with your family and friends and especially your fiancee'. God bless!

Gna

RIP Michael Duncan. Thanks for many years of awesome movies. You were a talented man. God Bless

Michelle

I have watched Omarosa since day one on Apprentice and since she and Duncan got together, she has softened... became more visibly caring, and more open with feelings. I hope this does not make her go back behind her tough exterior. Love and light to his family and loved ones.

Bobby

Im sorry but Omarosa is only crying that her meal ticket passed. MC Duncan, great actor, really nice guy & just all around great person, its such a shame & R.I.P. As for her, I really doubt she cared.

hermanita

My condolences to Omerosa..I know I couldn't stand her TV personality but just going through my mother's death, I can relate. I kept a bedside vigil for my mom when she had brain cancer and constantly had all kinds of doctors come in for evaluation until her untimely death. She died over a week ago and I still cry that I didn't do enough. The doctors and my family and friends try and re-assure me that I did more than enough, but at the end of the day, you still don't think it because your loved one is dead. Hugs to you Omerosa.

Miz_Fit

Miz_Fit

Comment..

HERNIBS

I didn't like Omarosa on The Apprentice but my heart goes out to you....this is a sad day...

MaryLou

he was such a fine actor- and he seemed to be a real good person, way above the norm for the Hollywood bunch.

denise

Never a big fan of Omarosa Ma****ult but enjoyed Michael's work very much. Sorry for the loss of a gentle giant and sweet man.

Ketielynn

This is just so sad. He was way to young to go. When I watched the Green Mile years ago I cried, no change that, I sobbed uncontrollably, for his character, his performance was great. It touched me so deeply. It is just so sad. He will be missed, that big smile will be missed. Condolences to his family.

kimmie

I met these two last year at Steve Harvey Hoodie Awards and they were so nice and she is very shy in person they both were so happy ! He gave a speech at the awards on how he had been so lonely for so many of his adult years with only his cats keeping him company until he met her and he knew she was the one he wanted to marry !!! So sad. RIP Mr. Duncan

kimmie