Michael Clarke Duncan

Planned To Wed

Omarosa in January

9/4/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_MICHAEL-CLARKE-DUNCAN_omorosa_tmz_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault were secretly engaged and the wedding was set for this January, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell us, Michael and Omarosa kept the engagement a secret from the media ... only telling very close friends and family about the pending nuptials.

We're told the couple had just started planning for the wedding when Michael went into full cardiac arrest​ July 13 and was hospitalized until his death.

We're told Omarosa is just destroyed after waging a valiant fight to save Michael.  She had doctors flown in from all over the world but constantly worried if she was doing enough.

Michael died while still in the hospital Monday morning. He was 54.

Omarosa, who had just left town for an engagement before Michael's death, returned to L.A. last night ... and was sobbing uncontrollably at LAX.

Lucyboosie

Omarosa how nauseating... she's an opportunist. I question her real motives, what a snake in the grass. I wonder who her next victim will be in her crosshairs.

Anastasia

They seemed like they really loved each other. I hate all the comments that say he died because of the engagement or comments that say she is cold-hearted. I have met Omerosa several times through my work and helped her dress, she may come off bitchy but that is the image she putts on but she let me tell you she does have a heart and is actually a real nice woman, and clearly she loved this man. My condolences go out to her and his family, nothing is more devastating than losing someone you love this much.

Ducan was very over weight, so if anything that killed him, was the stress his heart endured from all the weight not the engagement...

kt

I am so sad....I can only imagine what she is going through. He was such a great presence on the screen. Heaven-1 Earth - 0.

Bob

she did everything she apparently could to keep him alive and you can't ask for more if she was his wife by law. she was in every other way and that is what counts. we will miss an actor who brought something positive to ever production he was in and she will be missing the other half of who she was. we all wait for the day we will once again see those we found in this life but until then we need to stay strong and make them proud of us.

bill

I really like this actor in the green mile and Armegedon. It is very sad that he died but clearly his use of steriods had played a part in damaging his heart. May he rest in peace.

steppedonalego

I am saddened to see paparazzi filming her during a time of great mourning. Tacky and low class.

Lana Simon

Omaroso, let me start by saying my heart broke when i heard the news of a new love that did not get a chance to reach its full potential. Stay near those who keeps you strong and be supportive to your healing process. My prayers are with you, and your family. God bless you beautiful angel.

ANGELO

what a gentle man and a awesome actor ,, rest in peace my friend

jackie

bless her now and forever ,she stood by her man
good woman are hard to find REST IN PEACE
BIG GUY

Dene Le Blanc

so sad to see the passing of michael, we have another star in the sky, love is with you Omarosa.

Silvio

I am shocked, he was a great guy and a fantastic actor...Big Loss...I am very sorry

Ben

Leave the Light on Boss

Deb

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan talented young man, Omarosa your a wicked woman you were never nice to anyone,you probably scared the poor guy to death

trish

Such a shame, he was a great actor and I did enjoy his roles and how he did them. They looked like a nice couple. May he RIP. I'd love to know why the doctors weren't able to do any better for him??

BeReal

Mr. Duncan had a chiseled physique & looked like the picture of health. I always remembered it being a treat to see him on the silver screen. What a tragedy he died so young & at the top of his game. Condolences to his family, friends, & Omerosa.