Michael Clarke Duncan

Planned To Wed

Omarosa in January

9/4/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_MICHAEL-CLARKE-DUNCAN_omorosa_tmz_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault were secretly engaged and the wedding was set for this January, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell us, Michael and Omarosa kept the engagement a secret from the media ... only telling very close friends and family about the pending nuptials.

We're told the couple had just started planning for the wedding when Michael went into full cardiac arrest​ July 13 and was hospitalized until his death.

We're told Omarosa is just destroyed after waging a valiant fight to save Michael.  She had doctors flown in from all over the world but constantly worried if she was doing enough.

Michael died while still in the hospital Monday morning. He was 54.

Omarosa, who had just left town for an engagement before Michael's death, returned to L.A. last night ... and was sobbing uncontrollably at LAX.

KJ

Another beautiful soul gone but leaving an imprint on lives

RON LIPE

VRYONE I TALK WITH TODAY REALLY LOVED THIS ACTOR..A REAL DEAL LOSS

lillian e barker

SHAME< SHAME > SHAME!!!!! How could you even approach Omarosa when she has had such a shock over the sudden death of her friend and fiance! How could you even make such an insincere condolence all to get her on video sobbing and grieving. Have you NO couth? have you NO RESPECT??????

Harvey Levan, you should know better. You should have stopped your dog and at least waited until days/weeks/months after the funeral. For what?. a video & story???? SHAME< SHAME< SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!!

lillian e barker

TMZ... shame on your crew for being so insensitive during a period of shock & grieving about an unexpected /sudden death.... even if a celeb!!!!! SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON YOU ALL! hAD TO BE THE MOST INSINCERE CONDOLENCE. Harvery, Levey ... for shame!

Kath

Karma is a bi**tch! In my entire life, I have never witnessed a more vicious or prejudicial woman than Omerosa. She did not DESERVE this wonderful man. I hope that she doesn't get a dime of his money.

Jo

JUST TO SAD FOR WORDS. I HAVE NEVER BEEN A FAN OF OMAROSA, BUT I CAN ONLY SAD I FEEL FOR HER AT THE LOSS OF HER LOVED ONE, THE GENTLE GIANT MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN. HE WILL BE MISSED BY ALL.

Mike Huntsarry

Ahhh no way Thats terrible, seemed like a cool dude

undrgrndgirl

my deepest condolences to you omarosa...i lost my fiance (who was also 54) to a massive silent heart attack - he died in his sleep - a little over five years ago...i am so deeply sorry for your loss.

dropped

Jesus Christ leave the lady alone.

undrgrndgirl

wow. why all the h8 for the widow?

rhonda

my blessing's and prayer's go to you, your family's./ i lost my 21 year old son on friday/ the 13th of july/

blessing/ to you.... I know how it feels....

maleesa

I agree...she gave a very bad impression to me and America because of her CA appearence !

BTDT

What a strange pairing.
RIP Mr. Duncan.

Paula Austin

God has chosen Michael to finish the work he has for him. God doesn't make mistakes Let' celebrate his life and SMILE.

David

She's sobbing because she realizes that now she has no chance of getting his money. Damn!!! Missed it by 5 months!!!!!!!!!