Michael Clarke Duncan

Planned To Wed

Omarosa in January

9/4/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0903_MICHAEL-CLARKE-DUNCAN_omorosa_tmz_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault were secretly engaged and the wedding was set for this January, TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the couple tell us, Michael and Omarosa kept the engagement a secret from the media ... only telling very close friends and family about the pending nuptials.

We're told the couple had just started planning for the wedding when Michael went into full cardiac arrest​ July 13 and was hospitalized until his death.

We're told Omarosa is just destroyed after waging a valiant fight to save Michael.  She had doctors flown in from all over the world but constantly worried if she was doing enough.

Michael died while still in the hospital Monday morning. He was 54.

Omarosa, who had just left town for an engagement before Michael's death, returned to L.A. last night ... and was sobbing uncontrollably at LAX.

TheTruthIs

Timing is everything.

gioudis

prayers and peace for you and your family. Stand strong Omarosa in the knowledge that he passed knowing he was so loved by you. God Bless.

TulipSniper

I cant believe i am saying this but come on TMZ. Give the lady a break. She just lost her fiance. If i lost my husband I know i would be upset too. Especially someone considered to be the love of my life. So please, leave her alone. It has to be difficult enough for her right now.

Marla

This is so sad. I am so sorry for Michael Clark Duncan's family and his fiance, Omarosa. I'm glad they had their time and happiness together. They were always smiling. Rest in Peace Michael Clark Duncan.

Shawn

Unbelievable they felt compelled to put the camera in her face.

Choclitbella

I have known Michael for the past 18 years and immediately, it was like I had always known him. I have never met anyone with such a genuine, sweet spirit as his. ..."I will miss your smile Michael, I will miss you calling to check up on me...I will forever miss YOU"! R.I.P my friend <3 you always, your friend Stacey ~

Choclitbella

I've known Michael for the past 18 years and immediately, it was like I'd always known him. I've never met anyone with such a genuine, sweet spirit!.. I will miss receiving your calls "checking up on me, Michael...I will miss YOU"! R.I.P <3 you ~

Mayu

This is where I don't like TMZ and other Papsmears like them. This woman is in pain and grief, and you're video taping her and posting it online as pseudo entertainment fodder? Really?

vic

Such ashame. It just goes to show that you have to take care of the most important muscle, your heart. This guy was a muscular young man who died before his time. I hope he wasn't using steriods like many body builders do because they will catch up to you.

TMZwrong

DISGUSTING! leave her alone! to have TMZ and other paparazzi taking pictures of this grieving woman? F U tmz!!!!!! I am boycotting your show and website!

tamagura

Wasn't she pregnant the end of last year or beginning of this year?

Celebrities Suck

R.I.P Michael Clarke Duncan, you were one of my favorite actors.

"it's not about the destination we all share,it's about the journey" Michael Clarke's journey touched many lives through his amazing talent and many memorable performances.

obama'saracist

this was gods way of saying no to the marriage,I am glad he isnt gona marry that thing,but sad he is gone he was a legend amongst men

shanice

Tragedy for Omarosa for the 3rd time in her life .. loosing her father at a young age, her brother & now her fiance' of two years .. MCD.

No matter what people say about her, obviously there was something MCD saw in her to make him love her for two years .. and obviously she built a hard exterior for life because of the losses she's had to bear. Deepest sympathy for her.

Dan Thurber

He will be missed as a man of many talents including the softness he played in the Green Mile, to his characters in The whole Nine Yards and never to forget Armageddon. I did not know him personally, but I can only remember him now from the movies of the past. Rest eacy Michael.