Drew Carey

I Feel 'Really Bad' About

Bob Barker Situation

9/7/2012 8:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

090712_drew_carey_launch
Drew Carey says Bob Barker is DEAD WRONG to think he was intentionally excluded from a "Price Is Right" 40th Anniversary special ... telling TMZ the whole thing was just a giant misunderstanding.

Barker has been griping publicly about his beef with "Price" ... claiming he was "ignored" from the special because he criticized the show for giving away prizes to organizations which he believes are "notorious for animal abuse."

But Carey tells us Barker is simply misinformed ... saying, "It wasn't because of animosity or anything like that ... nobody has anything against him ... it just didn't occur to anybody to invite him personally to be on the show because it was a salute to contestants."

Carey adds, "Nobody has anything against Bob Barker ... everybody loves Bob Barker."

Bob Barker called in to TMZ Live this week to discuss the snub.

090712_barker_tmzlive_launch

Smokin'

Can anyone explain to me why Drew Carey is wearing a "Dirty Sanchez" shirt?!?!?! LMFAO

TrueThat

Lmao

Wow, I'm super surprised they didn't invite him.. That's really disrespectful.. Every kid remembers sick days and Bob Barker, lol =]

Justin

Bob Barker complained about them giving away prizes to places that abuse animals. He supports PETA who have been caught numerous times abusing animals. Give your head a shake Bob... just look at the website petakillsanimals. All these celebrities that support PETA are no better than those places he complains about.

Woot

Didn't occur to anyone to invite him.... B.U.L.L.s.4.l.T!

Rich

Man Drew get a facelift!!!!!

Morticia Cowghoul

I have loved Bob Barker since I was a kid mostly because I too am an animal lover to the extreme, so I always thought it was so cool for a big famous person to speak up for the critters at the end of every show. I loved the games too....HOW DARE THEM. I've never even watched the drew shows.

Regina

Drew is just the host. I'm sure that he personally didn't have anything to do with the decision to exclude ole Bob.
Didn't Bob molest a few of the models on that show anyway??? Seems to me that there were a few lawsuits about that a while back. The producers probably didn't want that to happen again.
With that being said, I am not crazy about the new Price is Right. I don't like the prizes. I miss the grandfather clocks and the boats. What in the world is a 200 lb man going to do with a designer dress???? And they don't show my favorite game near enough. The little mountain climbing man with the yodeling in the background.

MadCharles

It's a real shame they did this to an American Icon. One day some younger than those decision making Czars will be told "you're too old".

sidithers

I agree with you Drew
You look horrible in this pic

Pamela

40th anniversary and Bob Barker wasn't given a thought. I don't believe that for a second!! Without Bob, Drew and others would not be enjoying the 40th. When I think of Price is Right, I think of Bob NOT Drew. Maybe cos I don't watch it anymore. Grew up watching Bob. IMO This was a snub

jude

Oh please - I'm surprise the show is still on with Drew Carey as host. It's a snore but I guess as long as there are big gifts to win people will come. By the way ANY production who is still dealing with companies who have ANYTHING to do with animal abuse should be finished anyway and hopefully will be within time!

Steve

Maybe the former Price Is Right Models didn't want Bob to attend. a lot of them have had unkind things to say about how he treated them on the show. Busy Bob.

Wow ...

Guess it will "not occur to" me, to tune into the show ever again.

rjp3

Drew is a typical selfish Rebuplican millionaire...it is all about him