Rihanna

Did She Call Drake

an 'A-Hole' at the VMAs?

9/7/2012 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090712_rihanna_vma

Now, we're not professional lip-readers ... but we could SWEAR Rihanna referred to Drake and his posse as a bunch of "a**holes" when they won an MTV VMA award last night.

Check out the video ... moments after Drake, Lil' Wayne, Nicki Minaj and the rest of the crew walk to the stage to accept the award for Best Hip-Hop Video ... the camera cuts to a close-up shot of Rihanna.

Rihanna mouths some words to the person sitting next to her ... it appears she says, "I hate these a**holes."

Rihanna -- who was sitting just a few seats down from Drake -- also refused to clap for the rapper when they announced his name and even turned her head so she wouldn't have to look at him.

No surprise since Rihanna is tight with Chris Brown ... whose face was busted up during that crazy NYC nightclub brawl back in June.

Then again ... maybe she was just talking about "these rascals?"

0907_vma_awards_red_carpet_footer

Rocco

I can't imagine her calling anyone an a star star hole. Makes no friggin sense

firebaby

i love her face and body language when nicki minaj won.... y'all need a clip of that... that time i'm like, wtf did nicki do to rihanna? didn't they do a song together? lol hollywood drama...

Sandy

She did NOT say Ass**** BUT she clearly was not happy when he won, she sat like a statue and did not clap...she definitley is mad at him

mintjulep

Looks more like she said,

"I ****ed all d'em *******s."

LOL

emti

Maybe she was talking about the *******s who put the camera on her everytime Drake or Chris were on stage

Wallflower

Drake could possibly be an a**hole but what I wonder is what could he have done to her to cause her to hate him and not even want to acknowledge his presence, and with Chris Brown who beat her face like a punching bag she was still with him soon after that incident and continues a friendshp with him.

Sounds bizarre to me.

feinburgrl

I think she said Beat Me! LOL

JJ

SO WHAT IF SHE WISPHERED IT TO HER FRIEND SHE WAS SITTING NEXT TO OMG GREAT WAY TO MAKE A NON- STORY A STORY TMZ!!! YAH DRAKE THE WAY HE WALKS ALL TOUGH HE LOOKS LIKE A FOOL ID MUCH RATHER TALK ABOUT KATIE PERRY SHE IS A CUTE WELL MANNERED GIRL

greenprarie

Please beat her up again...Please beat her up again...

I'm A Lawyer

LOL, Katy Perry's eyes bugged out. She definitely said something.

The Neko Nation

All of these fools are nothing more than savages and animals.

Alyssa

Sooooo... Drake is an ******* for hitting Chris Brown. But, Chris Brown is "misunderstood" after beating, biting, and leaving her battered in a car?

Okay, Rihanna. Keep it up. I'm over this girl after defending her for years to people (and I don't mean on the internet, I legit defended her to people in my life).

Alyssa

I haven't watched the VMAs since I was like 12. Did it always look so cheap?

I don't remember Britney Spears and Nsync looking so damn cheap.

Wishbone

She made a point of facing the other way when they got up to accept the award. Speaks volumes about her maturity level. Grow up ffs's.

Romia78

"acting like a**holes" in which they were