Mickey Hart

Ex-Grateful Dead Drummer

WANTED FOR ASSAULT

9/12/2012 2:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0912-mickey-hart-gettyA warrant has been issued for the arrest of Mickey Hart -- former drummer for the Grateful Dead -- after the musician allegedly attacked someone at a recent concert ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple law enforcement agencies tell TMZ ... Hart -- real name Michael Hartman -- has been accused of assaulting a person at a Mickey Hart Band show on Sept. 8 at Terrapin Hill Farm in Harrodsburg, Kentucky.

Hart played with the Dead between 1967 and 1995 ... the year Jerry Garcia passed away.

The details surrounding the alleged attack are unclear ... but the alleged victim filed a police report following the incident and initiated assault charges.

We're told it's standard practice in Kentucky to issue a warrant as soon as an alleged victim decides he or she wants to press charges.

Mickey's camp tells us they're looking in to the situation.

Kobe_No_Means_No

Not sure who he is, but it appears as if he's broken the law.

Becky

On my ears.

Ashley

no way, this man could ever assault
anyone
look at that innocent face
i thought only the other race had anger issues
and white males were only about world peace
wow i guess not!
crazy but i learn something everday

wisey

I can picture Mickey Hart absolutely destroying someone in a fight. Ok maybe not. Wonder what the story is.

GoAwayGloria

You have to remember, with famous people they could bump shoulders with someone and if that someone is a POS, they will try to get money out of them and claim anything - they beat them, got pregnant, whatever. Now if he did truly beat someone then obviously he should be punished. I just hope this isn't yet another case where someone tries to take advantage of a celebrity

Honeys Booboo

Apparently LSD is *also* a helluva drug...

kerrplunk

I can see the " free Mickey " tee shirts now, damn deadheads.

Phishie from Philly

The guy compared him to Justin Bieber and then Mickey got made and flipped out. Mickey was heard saying Bieber looks like a girl or something like that.
Phishie from Philly

Joe Blowfish

Having performed with Mickey Hart for over 50 shows in the last year, I would happily attest to his violent nature and generally abusive attitude toward his fellow musicians. I can't speak for the fans, of course, as I am not one!

grumpiestoldman

It's well known in Dead circles that Mickey and Jerry Garcia were a couple. Garcia's death was considered mysterious by some.

Shirley Ricci

$85 an hour! Seriously I don't know why more people haven't tried this, I work two shifts, 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And whats awesome is Im working from home so I get more time with my kids. Heres where I went,. Read More

Joao

If they really wanted him, they know where to go. Enough with the drama.

David Oppenheimer

Mickey Hart Band photos -

Yo Mama

My former boss was friends with him- he even used to stay in Mickey's house in Hawaii for vacation. From the stories he told me, Mr. Hart does more drugs, especially coke, than Amy Winehouse.

Michael Gouker

The article has an error. Mickey played with the Grateful Dead from 1967-1971, at least one show in 1974, and then from 1975 to the band's demise in 1995.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments