Nick Cassavetes

Incest Comments Will NOT

Affect My Career

9/12/2012 5:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

091212_cassavetes_launch
Director Nick Cassavetes tells TMZ, he isn't a politician ... he's an artist who makes movies -- and that's why his comments about brother-sister lovin' won't have a damned effect on his career.

As we previously reported, Nick recently spoke out in defense of ALL kinds of relationships while promoting his new film in Toronto this weekend -- gay, straight, incestuous, whatever -- saying, "Who gives a s**t if people judge you? I'm not saying this is an absolute but in a way, if you're not having kids -- who gives a damn?"

He continued, "If it’s your brother or sister it’s super-weird, but if you look at it, you’re not hurting anybody ... except every single person who freaks out because you’re in love with one another.”

He took a lot of flack for the comment ... but when we asked if he thought it would affect his career, Nick replied, "I make movies man. I'm not a politician. If people want to listen to me for theology, that's their problem. I'm about tolerance."

Amen.

Kate

Who is he again? Never heard of him.

Don't Slap A Ho

He must have banged his sister of brother!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Ever thought about running around with scissors in your hands lately?... Well, this is a good time for you to do it you sick tard. That's just my humble opinion.

ria

Sick fck!!

david 183

Some people should keep their opinions to themselves. Although I guess it's better we know what they are thinking so we could stay away from them.

BC

everything else is tolerated these days. We had to know this was next.

Phishie from Philly

He's just looking for some cheap promoting. Spend a little and do a commercial.
Phishie from Philly

Laura

You wish, perv. Of course they will affect your career--we all now know you are a sick-o.

lake

I agree, and bestiality too, as long as the animals aren't harmed. He's right, what's the big hangup? Jeez.

wow

So, Cain and Abel were onto something right?

Ashley

Of course it wont affect his career, even though it should
But we all tend to look past these things whenever dirt bag males like Cassavetes do or say something inappropriate
If it were anyone else, anyone other than a white male, they would be held responsible, and it wouldn't be glossed over. they would be black listed.
Personally, it makes me sick
to begin with,
How can you put incestuous relationships into the same category as gay relationships?
Thats just offensive... im all about tolerance but this guy is deranged

jackmama311

nick rocks.

Raymond

If people want to listen to me for theology, that's their problem.

I'd like to hear Tom Cruise saying that.

MadCharles

is he kidding / This is the ultimate resume enhancement for the democrat party. The guy will be a hero.

Diamond Goddess!

I'm an actress, and yep, it'll affect his career!!!
Do you think Roman Polanski works as much as he would have, sans-scandal? NO WAY! He ran to the artistic ghetto (in the financial sense) of Europe and the big $$$ is now DONE for him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments