Amanda Bynes

Serious Mental Issues

9/15/2012 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0914_amanda_bynes_pollAmanda Bynes has much bigger problems than smoking pot and driving illegally ... there's evidence she has serious mental issues.

TMZ has spoken with a number of people who have had repeated contact with Bynes over the last few months, and the stories are consistent and disturbing.

Several people from her gym -- Equinox in West Hollywood - tell us, she has been showing increasingly alarming signs of delusional behavior.  One person says Amanda came to the gym Thursday looking dazed and began speaking with herself -- making comments and then answering back.

Another person says when Amanda was on the elliptical, she would stop suddenly and start "laughing hysterically for no reason."  She did this periodically throughout her workout.  This person says he's seen her dozens of times in the last few months, and says it's apparent her condition is "deteriorating."

Several of Amanda's neighbors echo the concern over Amanda's condition.  One tells us he observed her on several occasions having long conversations with inanimate objects.  Another person says people in her condo complex are aware of her condition and her conduct but haven't called her friends or relatives or authorities because they just don't want to get involved, given her profile.

Some of the people in the building have been upset over the last few weeks, because they believe the media is painting Amanda as a garden variety pothead and they say her problems are much deeper.

wake up

google MK Ultra

madhatz

Sounds like she has to get back reality people should help her out talk to her

george martinez

What better way to get out of a D.U.I. act crazy

judy blankenship

Where are her parents of family in all of this? It's time for an intervention.

john5651

she probably just needs better drug's. the kind they give to crazy people.

Lola

I remember a few years ago, when there was a rash of young starlets in Hollywood showing their underwear or lack of in the tabloids, Amanda Bynes was questioned to ask if she was going to act like that. She replied absolutely not, that she had a family, and she certainly did not want them to see her like that. Now she's in her mid-twenties, and life might not be as exciting for her as it used to be, I don't know. I don't know what her goals are for herself. I do know she seems to be exhibiting some characteristic symptoms, if the reports I read are true, and would benefit from medical help to restore her equilibrium. Drug use has been proved to bring on schizophrenia. I have no idea about her life, so I can't say. Just something is wrong, and somebody should help her.

sam

I hope someone steps up and helps her get whatever kind of help she is needing. She is a funny actress and I hate to see her ruin her career!

Anita Nelson

Sounds like she's memorizing lines to me.

A.R.

I also think that she should really stop
doing movies for awhile,apparently the
industry and its pressures are really
affecting her mental health and she should
go get psychiatric treatment or go to
a rehab. TMZ should tell her family
about her condition in a nice way.

A.R.

A lot of movie stars,especially young ones aged 17 years old plus have mental issues.
Been famous really can affect the actors'
lives and makes them really miserable.

bearforce1

Time to back off TMZ. Leave the girl alone. She is showing obvious signs of psychosis or schizophrenia. She needs to see a psychiatrist asap.

Andrew S

Spirits are among us, I was once in a house where a girl was murder a month before I moved in. I know whats up, and so does her killer, he's in jail now.

cutty

I love this B.S. reporting...."Several people from her gym".."Another person"..."Several of Amanda's neighbors".."Some of the people in the building"...Some reliable reporting right there...What a joke!

jaycob fuchser

leave her alone she is just getting high than a mug

jaycob fuchser