'American Idol'

Judges List Official,

Randy Jackson Survives

9/16/2012 7:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0916_american_idol_instagram
Randy Jackson
's stay of execution is confirmed -- he will remain a judge on the 12th season of "American Idol" ... officially joining Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban.

As TMZ reported, "Idol" producers locked down Jackson after talks with Enrique Iglesias fizzled out.

Mariah was the first the sign her deal, with Minaj and Urban signing on the dotted line just in the last few days.

"Idol" host Ryan Seacrest tweeted a photo of himself with the judges (see above), writing, "It's official, your new #IdolJudges are @MariahCarey, @NickiMinaj, @KeithUrban & @Yo_RandyJackson!"

Told you.

TheRodster21

So how's it feel to be the back up judge/last resort Randy

smileandshine

Still watching for now, but should be interesting to see how this will turn out.

Tatami53

His "stay of execution"? So, after this job ends, he's dead? What a stupid, asinine turn of phrase. But what can one expect from TMZ, totally mindless zilch.

MK

So it's obvious this is the last season. I certainly won't be watching.

Angie

BORING!!!!!

Spencer B in MD

3 african-Americans and a country music star? My taste is not represented on that show anymore. I won't be watching with this current judges line-up. I think Simon really pulled a boner here.

Desiree Powell

None of those judges interest my in the least. I won't be watching.

soobeedoo

Nicki Minaj??? Really?? What the hell were they thinking??? I am officially done with this show!!!!!

tenley

Nicki Minaj is gross. Such a turnoff. I have zero interest in having her on my TV twice a week. ZERO.

really! really?

I would have preferred previous winners of American Idol as judges. They are still down to earth and they obviously know what it takes to succeed on AI. A panel of Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, David Cook, Ruben Studdard, Jordin Sparks, etc. would have kept the show "contestant-focused".

Rob

Fox is a company of idiots!

Should have sent Ryan Secrest packing. What does he contribute? Nothing!..boring!

Bye Bye AI!

Mumra the Ever Living

Hey, who's the fat chick on the far left?

Joe

STUPID pick. You just lost another viewer and by reading the comments, there are a lot of like minded people. Happy 12th anniversary, it will be your last!

Jackie

UGGGHHHH....NOT WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......How in the hell can they have Nicki Minaj on that show??? First..SHE CAN'T SING, 2nd she's annoyingly desperate for attention with her clown costumes and her put-on different accents...3rd she's pure trash. Now every night it will all be about what stupid outfit she's wearing....***it's a slap in the face of Mariah and Keith ...people who actually have talent and long term successful careers.

Proud2bBlack

This is a death sentence for American Idol. I stopped 3 years ago, and I'm sure the ones that still watch will quit also.
Na, na, na, na. Na, na, na, na - hey hey hey - good bye