Amanda Bynes

I'm Not Crazy

9/17/2012 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0916-amanda-bynes-1Amanda Bynes is ADAMANT ... she's not crazy AND she definitely doesn't smoke weed in her car ... that's what the actress is telling close friends.

Amanda's friends have been reaching out lately because they want to help her ... but she's telling them to back off because "everything's fine."

The actress says ... the stories about her mental state "are being blown way out of proportion."

She is also telling friends ... the picture TMZ posted of her smoking from a drug pipe inside her car (below) is not what it seems. She says she was smoking tobacco ... despite the fact that her cup-holders had remnants of what appeared to be marijuana.

0916_amanda_bynes_smoking_wm
As we previously reported, we spoke with several people who have witnessed Amanda's behavior recently, who say she's chatting with inanimate objects ... talking to herself in the gym ... and they fear she may be suffering from serious mental issues.

In other Amanda news ... she's still facing TWO hit-and-run charges, one DUI charge and her license is still suspended. And her car got impounded yesterday.

amused

My first thought upon reading the last article about this was that she's probably one of those people who wear little hidden phone extensions in her ear... you know, those folks in the supermarket who are talking to the melons and lettuce?

Phishie from Philly

Amanda said "I'm not crazy, I'm just not sane.
Phishie from Philly

Truth

BITCH IS IN DENIAL LIKE ALL ADDICTS. POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

really! really?

just pee in a cup for the judge and then we'll believe...

Cheryl A.

Oh, I believe you because drunken pot heads
NEVER EVER lie.

News Flash

Yes you are

Phatrick

Put the over-privileged trick in jail. Is it me, or do white kids get away with things other races would get thrown under the jail for?

LRT

Maybe not crazy.....BUT...some major issues!!

King Anton

THE SAD REALITY IS SHE WON'T SPEND ONE DAY IS JAIL. EVEN WITH ALL THOSE CHARGES ON HER

LevinAteHer

Denial is not a river in Africa, sweety.

Phishie from Philly

I'm not crazy, I just forgot to renew my script of Zoloft.
Phishie from Philly

JimmyB

"I'm Not Crazy" "Yes, I am" "I'm Not Crazy" "Yes, I am" "I'm Not Crazy" "Yes, I am" "I'm Not Crazy" "Yes, I am" "I'm Not Crazy" "Yes, I am" "I'm Not Crazy" "Yes, I am" "I'm Not Crazy" "Yes, I am" "I'm Not Crazy" "Yes, I am" "I'm Not Crazy" "Yes, I am"

CJ

"I'm not crazy, I'm just an idiot."

Amanda, get yourself some help before it's too late. You're either going to end up killing yourself or someone else. Get help!!

Jay

Did anyone see Lindsay tweeted during her nightly episode of crack tweets: "Why did I get put in jail and a nickelodeon star has had NO punishment(s) so far"

Lindsay Lohan is the LAST person in this entire universe who should be crying about someone not going to jail for comiting crimes. What a putz. I think Lindsay is just jealous Amanda Bynes is the new queen B at TMZ.

slunkiinettos

talkN2U self not carzy Tmzz talk2selfs all the timez.BAD driver get driveo class fast4tass ort jailly bellys MT