« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Turner

Apologizes for DUI Arrest

'It Was a Bad Decision'

9/19/2012 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0919_michael_turner_03
Michael Turner has issued an apology to the Atlanta Falcons and their fans for his DUI arrest ... saying the whole thing was a "bad decision on my part."

The star NFL running back addressed the media early Wednesday morning ... saying, "I'd like to apologize to Mr. Blank (Falcons owner), Thomas Dimitroff (Falcons GM), Mike Smith (head coach) and the whole Falcons organization and the fans out there for the situation that I’m in right now,."

“It was a bad decision on my part. I can’t say too much about it in detail right now. I’m just trying to move forward from here.”

As we previously reported 30-year-old Turner was initially pulled over Tuesday morning for speeding ... and during the stop, cops suspected Michael was drunk and arrested him for DUI.

When asked if he would be playing this week, Michael said, "Nobody has told me that I’m NOT playing so, I’m just going to prepare like I am.”

Still, Turner says he's disappointed in himself for putting himself in the situation in the first place -- "I’m just taking it day by day. I’m around the guys right now and they are keeping me encouraged and telling me to keep my head up and take it day by day.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

OooooNooo!

Wish I had a nickle for every time these idiots say:
"I made an error in judgement"

Mali

Anymore athletes wanna get wasted, do something stupid then apologize a few hours later?

Doug

Plenty money, no brains, would make a good "temporary referee" MORON

DaveT

Be a nice change to see someone go public and just say..."Yeah I did it so what I ain't apologizing kiss my ass"....

Brittany

Does he think apologizing will keep Mr. Goodell from dropping the hammer on him for violating NFL rules?

Phishie from Philly

He was doing 55 in a 54! He's innocent.
Phishie from Philly

Latch Johnson

It was a great decision. He should do it again :p

Tracker

test

captain obvious

All of you people can go suck it. Yes he did something really stupid but who hasn't? He stood up like a man and took responsibility for his actions, he didn't blame the cops, he didn't blame his upbringing, he only blamed himself. And he will most definitely answer for what he has done. If he had denied the charges You would have blasted him for not owning up and called him spineless or a weasel. He's human and humans make mistakes, he did the right thing which makes him a better person than most of you.

omahgawditskatie