Sheriff Dept. Spokesman

Rips Fiona Apple

'Just Shut Up and Sing'

9/24/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0924_rusty_fiona_01
Fiona Apple is an ignorant fool who should stop criticizing law enforcement and "just shut up and sing" ... this according to the spokesman for the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Dept.

HCSD Public Information Officer Rusty Fleming is firing back at the singer after she publicly blasted 4 officers for allegedly mistreating her during her arrest for possession of hash and marijuana at a Texas border patrol stop last week.  In a rambling statement at her concert following the bust, Apple had threatened to make the cops "f*cking famous" as a punishment for their inappropriate actions.

Fleming has personally responded to the accusations with a letter to Apple ... and it's AWESOME.

It starts off ... "First, Honey, I’m already more famous than you, I don’t need your help. However, it would appear that you need mine."

The letter continues, "Two weeks ago nobody in the country cared about what you had to say, -- now that you’ve been arrested it appears your entire career has been jump-started. Don’t worry Sweetie, I won’t bill you."

"Next, have you ever heard of Snoop, Willie or Armand Hammer? Maybe if you would read something besides your own press releases, you would have known BEFORE you got here, that if you come to Texas with dope, the cops will take your DOPE away and put YOU in jail."

"Even though you and I only met briefly in the hallway, I don’t know you but I’m sure you’re an awesome and talented young woman and even though I’m not a fan of yours, I am sure there are thousands of them out there, and I’m sure that they would just as soon you get this all behind you and let you go back to what you do best—so my last piece of advice is simple “just shut-up and sing.”

Sincerely
Rusty Fleming"

update_bar
Rusty called in to "TMZ Live" today where he continued to put Fiona on blast.

092412_rusty_tmzlive_launch

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lydia

Thank you...Rusty...NOFF said...

Tony C

More Celeb's should follow his advice "Just shut up and do what you do" - People really don't care what you have to say

zzyzx

What an enormous azzhole this guy is!

Oh, he's a cop, of course he's an azzhole.

Just shut up and keep the streets safe from all those dangerous drug slinging musicians.

Garbo

The pig should STFU.

robert

It's good to know that these "heroes/cops" are taking these big and ruthless criminals off the street. I feel much safer now.

Woot

Oh look... it's a knuckle-draggin' neanderthal with a tiny peepee complex getting all misogynist on Fiona, who probably weighs about as much as the cowboy's left buttock.

FlamingoNut

Awesome!

Pimpcessa

Hey Sheriff - SHUT UP AND DO YOUR JOB! And leave people with weed alone. Seems to me, you would be a much nicer person if you had a hit yourself. Honestly, going after people with weed is just ridiculous. The only folks that are so scared of it are the ones who've never smoked it. And NO, it doesn't leed you to shooting up heroin, so save that for the gullible people that would outlaw booze....if they could!

Wiger Toods

What the funk?! What an arrogant and disgusting letter? Who the hell is this clown? How about HE does his job instead of sitting there writing letters to TMZ. He is more famous than fiona apple? wow, where does this ass hat get off?

Texas is the biggest joke in north america. Something in the water makes them all have tiny penis' so they have to resort to guns and big this and big that. Ok tough guy, you are so courageous for making fun of a singer and insulting her.
She had an opinion about your ****ty police dept. which i am sure is filled with tiny penis morons just like yourself. Yeesh what a loser.

Demi

He is so eloquent and brilliant! GED much?

Fuck Celebrities

ROFL!!!

PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura

Personally, I wish more people were this unimpressed with celebrities. It's why so many of them are in trouble---they are never held accountable. And after being arrested with illegal drugs, yes, probably better to "shut up and sing". As for the Rusty, I don't think he's famous, but whatever.

GLaDOS

I'm not Fiona Apple fan, but this cop must be high himself if he thinks he's more famous than her. I've never heard of this dude in my life and I'm sure almost nobody else has either.
Seems like a pretty childish response on the part of a public official.

Melissa1987

Oh this happened in trigger happy texas? Shes lucky to have made it out alive. I'd only go to texas if i had a suicide wish. They like killing people there.

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

Good for you Rusty she is just another entitled twit

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments