Honey Boo Boo Family

TLC Gave Them

HUGE RAISE

10/1/2012 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0928-honey-boo-boo-thompson-family-TLC
June Shannon, Honey Boo Boo and the rest of the clan got an enormous salary raise from TLC after the second episode and they didn't even ask for it ... TMZ has learned.

Sources very familiar with the situation tell us ... the family received between $5,000 and $7,000 an episode at the beginning of the series. We're told after the second episode it was apparent to TLC they had a big hit on their hands, so network honchos approached the family and told them they were boosting their salary. Our sources would not be specific ... but they say the increase gave them somewhere between $15,000 and $20,000 an episode.

We're also told TLC volunteered to cover various expenses, including a bodyguard/driver for Sugar Bear, who was incapacitated after his ATV accident.

And there's more.  We're told TLC even offered to help the family find a somewhat larger, more secure home, but June refused.  She said she wanted to stay in the house because she makes a big deal over Christmas -- decorating the house for the community.  June is heavily involved in her town.

And one more thing on the money front.  We're told agents have been "swarming" around the family, trying to sign them but June has turned them away.  She says she doesn't want to make money the sole object of the show and she's worried if she signs with an agent that person will talk her into making various appearances that will take her away from her family.

Gotta say ... the family feels like the real deal.

surgednb

Awesome! Now they can finally afford some lipo!!

buzz kill

When you figure how much money TLC makes on their programming, I would say dem dar hillbillys *** cheep.

Kris Jenner and Kim K = money hungry plastic sellouts.

WHITE TRASH!!

AMAZING THAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS CAN HAVE A SHOW AND MAKE 20K AN EPISODE? WHAT A JOKE!

Joybubble55

Waste of money.....

mary shamphan

This is the most disgusting show on TV. Every one is over weight the little girl and mother are obese and have no manners what so ever how in the world could the network give them a raise. I watched five minutes and wanted to turn the tv off.

Jocque

TLC should be ashamed of themselves, the should at least set up a $1 million trust fund and college fund for little girl. This is insane.

Cin

If I've said it once I've said it a million times...this world has gone to hell.

KO

Please TLC, don't turn This family into those awful Gosselins.

campy

That is a great family photo lmao and I'm not even lying. If TMZ would be so kind to send me an 8X10 reprint I'll promise to hang it in my bedroom!

texaschickeee

Trash is trash. at least this family did not take over one entire network and have shows made about ever ti,me they wiped their butts. (as big as they are).
Sadly, trash is still on the tv and telling others to be as trashy as they can for the love if money.

Sherri McFadden

If this is all true then I have a little more respect for June.

R

I like this family.

DaveT

YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

TZ

I watched this show once and it was all I could take.

arizona

This is just getting started. If June does this right I can see this family doing vacations, weight watchers, makeovers, holidays, extreme couponing guest apparance etc....TLC has a cash cow here!