« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chuck Pagano

Indianapolis Colts Coach

Diagnosed with Leukemia

10/1/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1001_chuck_pagano_article_gettyIndianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano has been diagnosed with a treatable form of leukemia, the team announced today, and will miss several games to receive treatment.

Colts owner Jim Irsay made the announcement at a news conference today, saying, "He is ready to take this fight on and he is a fighter."

Pagano, 51, had been experiencing what he believed to be fatigue, but a blood test revealed he was suffering from leukemia. He has been receiving treatment in the intensive care unit at an Indianapolis-area hospital since Wednesday.

Bruce Arians, the team's offensive coordinator, will serve as the interim coach in Pagano's absence.

Pagano is in his first season as the head coach of the Colts. He had previously served as the defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Melissa B

Wish him well. I don't watch football so I'm not familiar w him, but this is still sad. Anyone getting cancer is sad. I hope he beats it and lives a long healthy life.

EMB

I lost my best friend in Nov 2010 due to complications with this disease, hope he has a full recovery.

chubbs McBuff

tmz.com has been reporting a lot on the NFL lately. not that I mind.

lbs

Chuck I may not know you & I definately don't like the Colts, in your time of well wishes I hope your quest for the Superbowl title is Disney perfect...

jayman419

Not really a Colts fan, but this isn't the sort of thing you'd wish on anyone.
Hopefully Bruce can handle the pressure of stepping in for him in the meantime. He wasn't a very good leader while he was with my Steelers. And hopefully Luck is ready to have a lot more piled on his shoulders now.
All football aside, I wish Pagano a full and speedy recovery.

lbs

Well Jayman I did go that far as to wish him a Superbowl...when its all said &done reguardless if you win or lose it's just a game in the end...